Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Home phone number porting nightmare process issue

Regular Visitor

Home phone number porting nightmare process issue

4 failed attempts to port my home phone number to Comcast after initially installation of cable and internet.  During the initial attempt the tech said no one did the 3rd party verification in the work order.  Fine I took the cable, internet install and finished the 3rd party verification.  1 month goes by and nothing on the phone number.

Attempts 2,3 and 4 to Comcast customer service started the porting progress but all failed.  And in the mean time I'm still paying for voice service I DO NOT use through Comcast.  The billing department seems to think all is well.  The current phone provider calls me to find out what is going on confirming Comcast initiates the port, but never completes it.

Anyone have success with contacting the Comcast porting department directly?  I keep getting lost in their customer service shuffle.  There are ample sales representatives, but no one who can seem to take on my issue.

I'm at wit's end with this and hope someone out there has a solution to share.

I'm especially reaching out to any official Comcast employees who can track this issue to resolution.  Please please please.

Regards.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Home phone number porting nightmare process is

I notified the Administrator of your post.  Watch for a reply during the regular business week please.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.

I'm up to 6.5 hours on the phone with comcast. Although everyone is pleasant and "understands my frustration" no one can fix it.

I'm considering quitting all of my services once this is all taken care of.

Regular Visitor

Day 4 and still no response from Comcast.

The nightmare continues.

New Poster

I am on Day 10 of my nightmare -- same exact issue, it seems.  Mine may have been complicated by another number that the Sales agent failed to convey to the 3rd party verifier -- it was a virtual fax number that rode the same physical landline as my primary number.  But regardless, with this porting issue continuing to go unresolved, Comcast should NEVER have attempted to install my service.  Now they have, and now I cannot receive calls.  And now Comcast is saying, "another 3-4 days" -- and that we need to talk with Verizon -- that was information I could have used a week ago!  Comcast made NO attempt to contact me about this issue, not before, nor during, nor after the installation took place.

This is totally unacceptable.  I am still on the phone 120 minutes, and now I have been told that I cannot speak with Verizon until next week.

Regular Visitor

I got a call back from Comcast corporate office today.  The agent gave me his name and extension number and said he will follow up early next week.  He was very apologetic.  I did the 3rd party verification again to start the process.

More updates as they happen.

Wish me luck.

New Poster

I have been having this problem for 33 days.  I have talked with countless customer service reps. and even one supervisor that was gonna take care of everything and call me back.  Of course, no call back from the supervisor.  I have completed the third party verification, so there should be no problem with getting my phone number ported.  My current phone company says there are no holds on my account to prevent porting, but Comcast keeps putting the blame on my current phone company even though Comcast can port my number any time they want.  As of today, I still have no Comcast phone service.

My theory is Comcast wants to get your service started and once that is done, you are on your own.  The fact is they don't seem to care whether I get my number ported or not.  What a nightmare.

I guess my next step is to contact the FCC about this and file a complaint.

New Poster

I am so glad we have this blog, and it's so comforting to know that comcast is listening.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, I must have been dreaming.

Comcast, where are you?

OK, admittedly, my issue seems to be smaller than some others who have posted, because I am now only on Day 16.  But then, there are probably 10's of thousands out there who haven't decided to post on this forum.  So who knows how widespread this is?

Comcast, are you listening?

I guess you don't really care about your reputation, or are too overwhelmed to do anything about it.  But I will tell you, your customer service is comprehensively, tragically, broken.  Today I stood by while a supervisor from Porting and a tier 2 line technician rep from the Internet/Phone Tier 2 spoke with each other.  They talked for 45 minutes.  The voice quality was poor in the 3-way conversation.  The phone support tech was not listening or comprehending what the Porting super was asking him to do.  She was getting frustrated, too.  By the end of the call, the phone support tech didn't agree or believe that my old phone number would be activated tomorrow.  He was saying October 5th.  The Porting super essentially said to ignore that -- that it would be activated.  I suggested to her that she report the phone support technician, as his incompetence led to 45 minutes of completely wasted time.

Comcast, did you understand the issue with this?

I already could write a book.

SEVERAL comcast employees have suggested that I write to The Office of the President with my complaints.  I thought they were joking.  Maybe they are joking.  I cannot find one reference, address, etc, to this magical place in Philadelphia anywhere.

I know someone who works for Comcast -- he is an executive. Should I call him, or just assume that he is incompetent, too?

Regular Visitor

SUCCESS!

Comcast tech came out last week and the porting is done.  After all the lower level Comcast telephone and service store customer service reps, what solved my issue was something called California Comcast Executive Escalation.

That was when one person tracked my issue until completion and I had a direct phone number to inquire about about status.

When the tech came out he mentioned several people having this same type of porting issue and it was due to signing up initially through their web site.  He recommended talking to a live customer service person instead.  Yes I did start this new Comcast service from the web site too.  However when I called the customer service department they said they could not match the offer from the web site.  Go figure.

So to all with a issues repeatedly failed from first level support customer service try asking for an Executive Escalation so you have one point of contact for help.

Good luck.

New Poster

I have had the same issue. I signed up for triple play and would save around $95 a month switching my home phone from ATT to XFinity. I began the process in June and it is now October and still no phone service. The issue is porting the number. ATT says there is no issue that would prevent XFinity from porting the number. I have explained this 5 times to XFinity without any followup or resolution. 

I am demanding that I be credited for the $95 per month I have had to pay because of XFinity's inability to get this done, plus hookup the phone. If they won't do this then I am cancelling the whole thing and going with DirectTV. 

Regular Visitor

My uncle is having the same problem since end of August.  I was on the phone today for 2 hours between the Phillipines and US from technical service to Activation to Porting Departments but no one seems to have any answers,.  Two technicians have been out but also two appointments also waiting with no shows from Comcast and now they say maybe porting for Friday if not they may call our cell phone ( my uncle does not have home phone service now due to this porting problem)-Verizon says they have released the # Comcast says they don't have it and we could call everyday and go through the same loop of one rep/dept and still no resolution-phone service.  If we do not have by this Friday we will have to resume service with Verizon just to be able to get inbound calls again after one month of nothing. 

Terrible terrible situation with elderly people not being able to get phone calls.

New Poster

We have the same problem.  We were told the number would be transferred when we signed up.  After the  install, we found they had assigned a new number which they never bothered to tell us.  The only way we figured this out was by calling a cell phone from home.  They are demanding payment to do this and state they cannot do it for 5-7 business days which is a violation of FCC regulations as far as I can tell.  Still no port forwarding done.  Once they have your money they seem to lose all interest.  I have filed an FCC complaint after spending a total of three hours on phone and chat with them.  They also will not call me on the new number they assigned me because they claim they do not have evidence this is my number!!!  Only the old number is associated with my account even though the outgoing phone is through Comcast!  This company is the worst experience I have had with a corporation for quite some time.  The next step will be to withhold all credit charge cards through my credit card company and call the State Atty General's office.  The only thing these people will understand is fines and legal action.  Beware, beware, beware.

New Poster

I gave them one more chance to get this right. Again, it was like starting from square one instead of the sixth time trying to get this taken care of. Again, they had to open a "ticket" and said they would call me within 72 hours to schedule a visit, presumably after they ported the number.

It's been 5 days now and no phone call from them. In the meantime, Direct TV has a bundle package that looks like it's going to work for me.  

New Poster

Comcast screwed me over as well.  I switched to the Comcast internet and phone bundled with the TV with the CLEAR understanding that I will not do this without porting my existing phone number.  I stressed this a number of times with the sales rep at Comcast when I signed up.  She said she initiated the request to port the number but that would take a week, so she assigned a temporary phone number, and the tech came and installed the cable modem. Well, of course that sales rep never made any request to port the number - I called to find out the status of my switch and they technical rep said no request was ever made to port the number, and that the number actually could not be ported. This is a scam they do to get you to commit, then once they have your money and you have switched, you are on your own in trying to salvage your phone number some other way. Yet I pay for their phone number as well, which is a complete waste of money since I don't use it. I am stuck - what can I do? Who do I complain to?

Regular Visitor

We continue to have the same problem it is now 3 months and counting with no corrective action on the porting issue.  Can't get incoming calls.  They do not want to port the # says they requested it.  Verizon says they gave it to Comcast.  Comcast says they do not have the order.  Every time we call it is 3+ hours on the phone between US and Latin America transferring from one department to the next until we are so weary and finally someone assures us that they understand the problem and it will be taken care of.  No it hasn't!!!!

Regular Visitor

I had to ask for the 3rd party veification number and was told not to call until the work was finished on the 27. This was told to me today after they disconnected me several times. I did find out I still have verizion service(they only unpluged the box outside) Just disconnect the modem from wall and hook to 1 phone. Plug in outside box and use the old phones I don't plan to call verizon til I know my number is ported for sure. As fo the the other stuff about not knowing about new phone # and all the same as you guys.

New Poster

I am experiencing the SAME issue.  It has been 10 days since I switched and there is no end in sight regarding porting my old phone number over.  In addition, until the number is ported, other non-voice-related changes on my account CANNOT be made!!??  Basically we missed Nick Jr when we signed up so I need to upgrade to the Digital Preferred package.  I put in the order on the 1st day then 10 days later, still no Nick Jr because the phone number has not been ported!!!???

What kind of customer service is that??

Frequent Visitor

I have been having this same issue since 8/19/2012, when my service was originally setup.  My phone is still with Vonage and it seems it will take a congressional bill to get it ported to my Comcast account.  My two cell phones were ported from one service to another in a matter of hours, why is this so hard???

I have been through Customer Service, who sent me to Voice Activation.  Voice Activation could not do anything without the port going through, so sent me to the Billing Department to start the port by doing the third party verification again.  The Billing Department could do nothing, because the original request was already closed and as far as they are concerned, complete.  The Billing Department transferred me to the Technical Phone Help/Support who has had me only hold from most of the time I've been on with her.  She is currently try to fix the issue while I am on the phone, which would be great if it works.  The young lady has just informed me she is setting me up to do the third party activation again, and it will take three to five days for the port to occur.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Then, to top all of this off, my wife's name is on the account and she authorized me on the account on 8/19/2012, but no one has ever been able to see the authorization until the Customer Service rep this morning.  Now, for some reason, even though it is obviously in the notes and can be seen, they will not put it in the proper place on the account without taking to my wife again.  If she gets on the phone with a Comcast rep, she is highly likely to cancel everything due to the pure unadulturated frustration we have over all of this.

I guess we will see what happens, but I am not holding my breath.

Regular Visitor

For Comcast getting too large too quick and then departments being secluded from doing anything with or for another department has lead to the complete frustration of the consumer.  The old adage of Passing The buck" is alive and well with comcast and it's inept system of helping a customer solve a problem.  The answer is keep transferring, putting on hold and then disconnecting or explaining that you should not have been transferred to this department.  They should really take a deep look at their system and customer satisfaction.  Doesn't seem to be a priority or of interest at all what the consumer thinks of their service. 

Remember when Cable TV was gong to be commercial free!  Now it is all commercials and they are a big profit company.

Frequent Visitor

Still nothing.  I found the issue was the zipcode to port from Vonage needs to be 07733, and I called and informed the phone port department of the finding.  She took the information, nothing has happened and they have never ever once tried to follow up, even while Vonage emailed and called me to help me with the issue.

I tried once again today and the line dropped me after having me on hold for five minutes, so I have not been able to reach the techs to do the port today.  It wouldn't be so bad, but just thinking about calling and spending another several hours on the phone is pretty depressing, so it will be a while before I get up the gumption to attempt another call to Comcast.

This is sooooo very FRUSTRATING and ANNOYING, I can't put it into words!

Regular Visitor

I have been having the same issue since March 2013. Last porting was supposedly scheduled for October 18 (for the fourth time) and cancelled again. AT&T says my number has not been ported, but Comcast says it has. In the meantime, I continue to be charged by Comcast for service I don't have so I make them credit me every month for it or I will not pay the bill. And of course I am still paying AT&T for the phone service I do have. Comcast says once the number is ported, I will have to call AT&T to cancel my service once they port it over. AT&T says once it is ported the disconnect from them will happen automatically. Comcast should be ashamed of how they treat their customers. Tomorrow I am going over their heads and reporting them to the FCC and the better business bureau. May post this to Facebook as well.
New Poster

This is what I am experiencing right now! My number was ported on 10/24 and installation was fine and I have my service through Comcast. It even looks like they got the billing part correct. However, I received the bill from AT&T and they tell me that Comcast has never completed the porting process. My phone is working through Comcast and all of their features so something happened successfully on the Comcast end. But AT&T says they have nothing in their records that shows my number has even been requested to be ported by Comcast! 

I am beyond frustrated with both of them because the technicians only say what they are scripted to say and no one wants to above and beyond to help their customer. I just don't want to get a bill from AT&T anymore and if Comcast should have completed the entire process then who has dropped the ball?

Technician just came back on the phone and told me that my number was set up with Comcast and I need to call AT&T again and tell them that. Duh! I already told her that I did that with no success. Now waiting for a supervisor to explain to me what exactly AT&T is supposed to do on their end. (AT&T says when they port a number from someone else, they do all the work and the customer should never have to call).

1:28 pm....and now I have been disconnected for the second time.

New Poster

My wife tryed to call me from Ingles store phone , but was unable to rich my home number that came with new comcast plan ( internet + home phone), Ever since I get this number ( 470 -) area code I 've never received phone call from Ingles store phone as I used to when area code was ( 678 ) . How many phone calls I've missed till then, I do not know. My question is - Where is the problem ?

Regular Visitor

Hey,

Having same issue.  Did you ever resolve it and if so, how did you manage to do it?  My number has been missing since 12/4 and no end in sight.  Comcast wants me to call Verizon to reactivate number, however, there is a charge for this and I do not feel hat this is my mess to clean up.  AND, what if they mess it up again?  Starting to thing I made a mistake signing up with them.

Thanks

Annie

New Poster

I am having the same problem!  Don't think you are alone.

New Poster

December 16, 2013

Wow! My phone was supposed to be ported July 9th. I am still paying double for my phone: both CenturyLink and Comcast. Everyone is very polite, the problem just doesn't go away. I am sitting on hold right now, having taken the day off work to resolve this problem. 

This actually is progress. A few years ago the Comcast reps weren't even polite and would frequently hang up on any customer who would call with a difficult problem. I haven't been hung up on lately and the staff is polite. Perhaps with better management they will even be able to learn how to service the customers.

This is a double concern for me: 1.) I am paying double for for my phone service 2) I am a major stock holder of Comcast Stock.

I think I am due a refund for all the months that I have been paying double.

If anyone in Comcast actually reads these blogs my ticket number is CR347423364.  Please get back to me.

If all of us who are having problems with Comcast Customer Service sell our holdings of Comcast stock, your retirement benefits will be greatly diminished when the price of your stock goes down. I am sure much of your retirement plan is invested in Comcast stock.

New Poster

Well you can add me to the list. We have talked to dozens of support people always with the run-around. "It will be done tomorrow", "we'll call you right back", "I will personally see that this is resolved" and yet it still has not been done. I don't know how a company can repeatedly lie to its customers and still remain in business. If you get a chance watch the "South Park" episode about cable. It really is accurate. If anybody actually figures out how to get them to port the number please let me know.

New Poster

I guess it is comforting knowing I am not the only one. I am on 6th contact with chat support. Found that when I called from a phone my call would magically drop after going through the entire automated questions and I would reach an actual person. I left Comcast 2 years ago due to phone issues. I was assured that the problems were taken care of in my area. Ha Ha. I believed them. Shame on me. I can make calls but cannot receive calls due to an internal server issue. Seems they cannot figure out what that actually is and make changes. I don't know how long I will let this go on.  I do know that in the past I contacted Corporate and had 3 Comcast vans in my driveway by the end of the day. I may go that route next. Hope to get some tech to contact me and resolve all this soon.

Regular Visitor

Hey,

After several weeks I got lucky and got my number!!!!  My advice is to call during normal business hours if possible and ask for a supervisor.  I would also reach out to your carrier Century Link to confirm that number was ported to comcast.  The funniest part is that I received a voice mail message from the supervisor in the afternoon telling me to call Verizon and tell them to reactivate number so they could port it.  I went home and was on a conference call and planned to lose my evening yelling at someone and my comcast phone rang.  I answered it and it was them telemarketing me (LOL).  I tested my number and it actually did work.  Good luck and hopefully you will get ported soon.

Ann

New Poster

I have same issues. I have filed a complaint with FCC and FTC

will see what happens

Connection Expert
Moved:

Regular Visitor

After more than a year of comcast telling me my number was ported and AT&T telling me it wasn't I finally called AT&T and told them to disconnect my service. As expected phone went dead. Plugged my line into the modem and my phone works fine - for calling out. When I place a call to someone or my cell phone, caller I'd show my old number. If I dial my old number from my home phone it allows me to set up my voicemail. However, anyone who calls my old number gets the message that my number has been disconnected! I am going to try plugging the phone in directly to the modem to see if that works any differently. If that does not work then I will ask comcast to assign me a new number so people can reach me on home phone. After so many complaints to comcast they send me an offer for two premium channels of my choice at no charge for two years as well as stream pix for two years. Comcast customer service is horrible. Good luck to you.
Frequent Visitor

I'm going on two years with no resolution.  No one has ever returned a call from Comcast.

So far, I have stopped 7 people I work with from making the mistake I made.  When my contract is up, I will be going to the Google Gigabit service and dropping cable once and for all.  Internet was my main reason for having Comcast, because they are the best for now. But, gigabit speeds for $10 more a month wil tip the scales.

I dont get it, I just dont get it...

New Poster

Thank you, hi pam I really hope your fruad or scam your doing and using a past phone number now that I own, I hope you soon get card for making other people miserable for your vest
New Poster

This is exactly the same problem I am having. My number was never ported over from CenturyLink. I finally canceled the CenturyLink account since I have been paying double for both Cent\uryLink and Comcast. I had to cancel the CenturyLink account to prove to Comcast that they were not providing my service. I have been fighting this problem since May 2013. The is May 05, 2014. There is still no resolution.

Regular Visitor

Ok, so comcast told me that my number was not ported and that I needed to do the 3rd party verification, again! I told the I had done it 5 times already. I asked for a new number, and within 10 minutes my phone was working just fine. To be honest, I was kind of tired of all the junk calls I was getting with my old number. Creditors looking for people with the same last name and of no relation to us. Kind of enjoying the quiet now! Good luck to you all.
Regular Visitor

Ok, so comcast told me that my number was not ported and that I needed to do the 3rd party verification, again! I told the I had done it 5 times already. I asked for a new number, and within 10 minutes my phone was working just fine. To be honest, I was kind of tired of all the junk calls I was getting with my old number. Creditors looking for people with the same last name and of no relation to us. Kind of enjoying the quiet now! Good luck to you all.
New Poster

how did the FCC thing work out, did they help?

Regular Visitor

Didn't bother to call them. If the merger with time warner goes through Indiana customers will be sold to new company. Just waiting to see what happens then.
Regular Visitor

I've had the same experience as so many others -- a porting nightmare that lasted about 3 months, untold and unproductive hours talking to Comcast reps from India toTexas to North Carolina, multiple visits from technicians, all while being billed for phone service from both Comcast and AT&T. Before I allowed myself to be persuaded to make the switch, I was assured (over and over) that the process would be "seamless". Nothing could be further from the truth, and since it is obvious from the multiple complaints on this forum,that this problem is not unique to my situation, I believe I should have been informed of the possible problems. On top of everything else, when the porting process was finally completed, it turns out that my home security system was disrupted because it was not compatible with the Comcast digital phone technology (did any of then technicians inform me of this? Of course not). When I called to request that they restore the phone signal, I was told that the security company would need to do it, but that Comcast would probably be able to reimburse me for the service charges -- which came to $275 because they had to replace the whole system. It became obvious immediately that Comcast was dragging it's feet on the issue and had no intention of reimbursing my expenses. Their reason? The security company did not adequately demonstrate that Comcast was at fault, despite my obtaining a statement from a supervisor from the security company. That was kind of the last straw. I feel like I'm stuck with Comcast now because to switch back would probably be the same debacle in reverse, but I've been so alienated by this whole process, it probably wouldn't take much for me to dump Comcast.
Regular Visitor

I think we all feel your pain.  I guess I was fortunate as it only took me a few weeks to get my number ported.  This was after many calls, many contact center agents, many supervisors and some screaming and yelling.  Don't like to do that but they finally broke me.  Just when I reached my wits end, I got a voice mail message at work from the supervisor telling me I had to go back to Verizon.  Needless to say, I was really pi$$ed off.  Went home and was going to settle into a long evening with the contact center agents.  I had to go on a conference call when I got home and while I was on the call, my comcast phone rang.  Went to answer it and it was a Comcast Sales agent/Telemarketer (LOL).  Ironic that they would be my first official call.  Also ironic that I was just told I needed to go back to Verizon.  Their process is one hot mess.  Only consolation is that once you get it working......it's all good. 

Best of luck to anyone dealing with this issue.  Anyone who tells you that the process was smooth should go out and purchase a lottery ticket!!!

New Poster

same problem. Comcast promises and dont deliver. Started the process 8 days ago to transfer a phone number from ATT to Comcast. Called ATT and they had no hold on the phone number and Comcast needed to contact them to enact the transfer. Comcast said that ATT is  holding it up but ATT denied the hold up. Comcast keeps saying that it is ATT keeping the transfer from happening. They say that it will take 3 to 4 days to transfer. You call back from Comcast states that it should occur and it hasnt or someone has cancelled the request which was not true. Now Comcast states that I have to wait another 4 days for the transfer. I am going to sell what comcast stock that I now own. 

New Poster

The solution is to file a complaint with the FCC and the BBB.  This is the only thing that I found makes these scumbags do anything.  They will finally live up to their legal and contractual obligations if they are convinced that you will follow through and make them pay for their breach of contract.  They are SCUM, but they are not stupid.  

New Poster

The other thing that makes them act is to refuse to pay throught the credit card company on the legitimate basis that they have not provided the service they promised.  

New Poster

Oh Noooo! We've been waiting for a couple of months now. Doesn't seem like anyone knows what they're doing over there. My wife was dupped to changing our phone number from Magic Jack whiched worked just fine.

Comcast gave us a new line and was suppose to Port our new one. Nothing happens and we called back. They told my wife to call someone else. Probably the Porting Department. She didn't understand  so I called Comcast. Guy said it will take 24 hours to 2 days. Nothing still. Called back on Monday. Lady held me on the phone for a long time. She finally got the Out bound number to show up by putting my phone number in the modem.

Was told at the end of a long call to contact the Port Department. No instructions, just call. Than when I call, it says put in your account number. The number on my bill didn't match. Had to call comcast back again for that. Called the PD back and the automated system says, Enter your acct. number. Then, do I want to put Pro something or SIK. Wait, Back Up, what is that. If you don't know something it just hangs up on you. Finally got through it with no help from Comcast what so ever.

I'm still waiting for the number to be ported. Did not receive any information as to how long it will take.

Up to this point I was getting my messages from Magic Jack, Once Comcast unports my number, if they don't connect the right number I won't get any messages from the out side world.

Okay, how do I call the FCC and/or BBB. Has anyone started a Class Action Suit?

New Poster

We recently switched to Comcast from Verizon on December 1, 2014.  Our phone number was supposed to be ported by December 5, 2014, it never was.  My husband called Comcast to find out why and he was told it would be done by December 9, 2014, here it is December 16, 2014 and my phone number is still NOT ported.  I'm expecting an important call on Thursday for delivery time and my number does not work.  I'm getting very discouraged with comcast already.

Service Expert

MastoMom06 wrote:

We recently switched to Comcast from Verizon on December 1, 2014.  Our phone number was supposed to be ported by December 5, 2014, it never was.  My husband called Comcast to find out why and he was told it would be done by December 9, 2014, here it is December 16, 2014 and my phone number is still NOT ported.  I'm expecting an important call on Thursday for delivery time and my number does not work.  I'm getting very discouraged with comcast already.

Due to your repeated attempts at connecting comcast via the phone, you should escalate thisup the ladder by doing this:

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Ray

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

It is sad to see that two years later, they are still victimizing customers and don't care enough to fix these problems.  But they have enough money to bribe our elected officials so that there will never be real competition in this industry.  

New Poster

I am not totally sure that this is a Comcast issue.  I have Comcast, but not telephone service.  I do have a phone number that was originally a Century Link landline phone number.  I was able to port the number to ATT, T-Mobile and Tracphone - all GSM carriers.  I was unable to port the number to Verizon or Sprint.  Sadly, neither Verizon or Sprint  can tell me *why* they can't port the number.

I originally thought that I was unable to port the number from a GSM carrier to a CDMA carrier, but that is apparently not the case.  I ported the number to Tracfone (GSM) and then had Tracfone switch my number to their CDMA service (Tracfone is a resller for both GSM and CDMA.) 

I call Sprint back and I am still unable to port the number.  Again, no reason as to why.

I finally filed an FCC complaint today.  There are no replies in this thread regarding how successful anyone has been with the FCC complaints.  Wish me luck!

New Poster

I have just connected my new xfinity and was trying to figure out this whole port thing so that I can keep my home phone number but reading all of these problems I'm not so sure what I have to do to even get this started.  I can't seem to find the right place to go to find out how to even attempt to do this.  I figured I could get rid of AT&T and my $30 phone bill since my package has the phone added to it so if someone can start me out and then I can join in on all these complaints, I'd appreciate it!

Tags (1)