online now

discussions

Home phone not working!!!

New Poster

Home phone not working!!!

Phone has not been working for 5 days! Please fix

Regular Contributor

Re: Home phone not working!!!

call into comcast. just stating "it's broke, fix it" ain't gonna get you anywhere.

New Poster

phone not working again, and again. Called for assistance on cell and was disconnected 3 times. Finally, I went through all the steps they told me to do and it still is not working and no repair person is able to come out for 1 week.  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.   I didn't sign up for do it yourself service, I pay my bill each month and I expect to get what I pay for!

New Poster

My phone has had our message on it stating" we can't come to the phone now please leave a message and we'll get back to you". This has been established for 7 years and all was working fine until Comcast did something about 5 days ago and it's all screwed up now with some recorded message by some guy stating " leave a message".

Messages have been left but the machine says" You have NO messages( we push a button and get messages at this point).

Comcast is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. If they only had competition from Verizon on the Cape I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Connection Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Thanks to all who sent kudos.  Phone is now working, I was without service for 2 1/2 days.  The sevice tech that came out was good at what he does and he was not a happy camper about what the sevice people were asking me to do.   He said that was his job and I should not have had to be put through the "circus" that the phone tech from  Phillipines was asking for.   Wha  happen to good old USA service/!

New Poster

Hi!  Do you mind telling us all what he did?  Some of us can't or don't want to wait for a tech to come out.  Thanks

New Poster

Fmray,

He needed to replace the modem.  I found out that if you want to replace the modem, disconnect the old one, bring it to the nearest comcast store, they will replace it and the go home and reconnect it.  The service tech explained that the modem that was installed ( in Feb 2014) is one they have had severl calls on.   Before replacing the modem yourself you need to let customer service aware of it. 

Also, it took a conference call with service tech, myself, and adult son, I guess if you are male you get better service.