Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Highly Upset with Comcast Service which used to be OK until I added Digital Voice

New Poster

Highly Upset with Comcast Service which used to be OK until I added Digital Voice

I am writing to whoever will listen.
My service has been out since Friday and I have been transferred, placed on hold, and lied to since then. I am a single parent who works full time, owns a business on the side, and is in graduate school.
Therefore, my services are essential, especially internet and phone. Well, my first technician appointment was cancelled automatically by the computer attributing my service interruption to a power outtage.
Of course, I was waiting at home, after rescheduling my entire day, and only found out that my appointment was cancelled by calling myself because Comcast claimed that the reps have no knowledge of the cancellation until they actually go into the system.
I also let them know my time constraints AHEAD of time.

Next, after requesting to speak to a supervisor (who was seemingly wonderful), I was given an "escalated ticket".
This supervisor also told me that I would be contacted by 7 am this morning and again, nothing!
He also assured me that he would call me personally around 2 o'clock pm today and of course, no call.
Basically, that escalated ticket **bleep** doesn't mean JACK because the technician never showed up and lied and said that he tried to call me serveral times and I never had any missed calls or new voice mails!
In fact the next rep that I spoke to had to call me back and had absolutely NO PROBLEM!!!
I believe the technician's number is 6260 and I filed a formal complaint against him.

Then, I spoke to a rep in Tech Support who refused to let me speak to another supervisor.
Yet, he transferred me to someone in dispatch who once again said I had another escalated ticket but that there was no guarantee that someone could get to me.
Mind you, I have to work, parent, and go to school, amongst other things yet they keep expecting me to ajust my schedule for them and I'm the doggon customer!!!
I'm paying for a service and I'm not getting what I'm paying for!
Unfortunately I'm stuck because dish is not an option where I live and we all know that ATT, SBC, or whatever other name they're calling themselves, **bleep** big time!
Now, I have an appointment for tomorrow morning but I have to go to work.
I only have a 2hr window in the morning before I have to leave but they can't guarantee that I'm going to be the first customer, even after all that has happend.

I never really gave those Comcast-cable-television-monopoly commercials any thought before, but now I see why people are so fired up about it.
I think they only care about the money and don't give a **bleep** about the customer and how important these services are to our existence. All the while, I have been talking by cell phone and eating up my peak-time minutes for which Comcast said they will NOT reimburse me!

What ever happend to the concept of customer satisfaction?
Most Valued Poster

Re: Highly Upset with Comcast Service which used to be OK until I added Digital Voice

I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have been having.  These forums are mostly users helping other users, but I think a moderator may notice this post.  The moderators here are very good and should be able to help you get things fixed.  To the moderators: One thing that seems to be a common thread is that techs claim that they tried to call and got no answer, so they do not show up.  It seems like they call the home number for the account, and then give up.  This makes no sense since the appointment is to fix a problem with the digital voice.  Can you please pass along a note to the dispatchers or tech managers and have them remind the techs that they should try all phone numbers listed on the ticket? 

Thank you Firesbane. An update to SNHNJKN will be posted by one of our moderators soon.

Richard

Message Edited by Richard_J on 07-11-2007 07:26 PM
Contributor

Re: Highly Upset with Comcast Service which used to be OK until I added Digital Voice

Dear SNHNJKN:

After talking with you this morning, I'm glad to report that your service has been restored.

Again, we deeply apologize for your issues over the last few days, and greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in getting this all cleared up.

If you need any more assistance, you can contact me by email, but please remember the fastest way to get your issues resolved is to contact us through this link.

modmlr