Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help with incoming calls

Frequent Visitor

Help with incoming calls

I was always wondering why my comcast home telephone never had any messages on it, then when I logged into my xfinity voice account all my messages were there. I don't want to keep logging into my xfinity to get my home telephone's messages. I want to be able to hit the play button on my home phone and listen to my messages there. Why can't I do this? Why are my messages going to my xfinity.com account and not my home telephone? Why can't my messages show up in both places? Please help. 

Cable Expert

Re: Help with incoming calls

Your telephones answering machine is totally separate from Comcast voice mail.

To access Comcast voice mail from your home phone, pick up the receiver and the studdertone will be beeping if there is a new voice mail.  Dial *99 and follow the prompts to listen to your voice mail.

If you want to use your phone's answering machine, then most people want the voice mail permanently disabled.  That can be done by calling Comcast support and request voice mail is removed.

Other subscribers use both, but then need to set the number of rings on the answering machine for 2 or 3 rings so the answering machine answers before the call goes to voice mail. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I see, so in order for my phone to get the message before it goes to comcast voice, I have to set the rings lower. Very interesting. Thank you for your input, it was very helpful. 

Problem Solver

You can also set the rings for comcast voicemail under its perferences on the web site higher, e.g. to 9 rings.

Frequent Visitor

That's even better. Thanks again, you've been a big help.