New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help setup fax machine

Frequent Visitor

Help setup fax machine

my Xfinity TriplePlay set up is similar to Canon's manual

from the modem to L line in to fax....fax to telephone line to the house.

we've tested several times to send fax, and all receipients receives their fax.

unfortunately, we cannot receive fax/

we even used online fax test site

checklist:

--- answering machine: off

--- fax receive mode: fax only

there is a DRPD mode that I'll be testing also if that makes sense in this situation

not sure if the Xfinity Voice has some kind of Voicemail setup that may be interfering, because senders are saying initially reporting that their fax received a voice vs fax tone/ring?

Service Expert

Re: Help setup fax machine

ray_mgrace wrote:

my Xfinity TriplePlay set up is similar to Canon's manual

from the modem to L line in to fax....fax to telephone line to the house.

we've tested several times to send fax, and all receipients receives their fax.

unfortunately, we cannot receive fax/

we even used online fax test site

checklist:

--- answering machine: off

--- fax receive mode: fax only

there is a DRPD mode that I'll be testing also if that makes sense in this situation

not sure if the Xfinity Voice has some kind of Voicemail setup that may be interfering, because senders are saying initially reporting that their fax received a voice vs fax tone/ring?

If this is a dedicated fax line, then you will need to UP the number of rings for VM and lower the number of rings for your physical FAX machine to answer and take the call...

Most people go with 2 lines for something like this...

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thanks for the reply

no, this not a DEDICATED fax line.

we only receive fax once in a while from Jurassic citizens who refuse to go the pdf way.

unfortunately, wife works for them.

I will try to adjust and test again.

Service Expert

ray_mgrace wrote:

thanks for the reply

no, this not a DEDICATED fax line.

we only receive fax once in a while from Jurassic citizens who refuse to go the pdf way.

unfortunately, wife works for them.

I will try to adjust and test again.

SInce you are sharing the TEL line as voice and fax, you will need to definitely adjust those ringer settings so that your fax can answer before the Voicemail triggers....    unfortunately, this will also negtae your ability to have VM's unless you also put a physical answering machine on it...

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I haven't received my PIN to adjust my VM.

The way our family works, if you're still calling us on Landline...we rather here from them, i.e. telemarketing, work, etc.

If this call is important, or we deemed them as VIP, they have our cellphone number.

Awaits for the PIN

AGAIN, many thanks

Problem Solver

The only way this is going to work is either for you to have Comcast  take all the features off your line and use an answering machine or for you to get a second phone line with no features for around $11.95 per month for your fax. This is the only way it is going to work if you want to get fax reception automatically. If none of these appeal to you then get an internet fax service that doesn't use your phone line, just your internet connection.

New Poster

Checked the fax setup doc DRPD and it doesn't seem to include the XFinity line from the router. Am I missing something? I've got the wall to fax mach then to the physical phone set up but what is the connection from the router/cable box?

New Poster

i ended up using the chat feature to communicate with a filipino rep who was able to assist with a voice PIN assignment. it was a grueling 30 min chat but better then telephone transfers, etc.

New Poster

Corgi11,

How do we know what features we have on our comcast phone line? Are you saying no features will work on a line you want to use for a fax line?

T.R.

Problem Solver

The problem is that your voice mail conflicts with your automatic fax reception, the easiest solution is to do what I did and get a second no featues phone line for about 11.95 per month and use it strictly for fax. If you don't want to do that the only other solution is to have Comcast deactivate your voicemail and use an answering machine. If you want to sit around and manually receive faxes you can do that too without the previous options.

Good Luck