Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Have no messages but getting message waiting indicator

New Poster

Have no messages but getting message waiting indicator

i have no messages in my voicemail but my phone keeps flashing new voicemail. i tried multiple times leaving msgs and deleting them but my phone still says new voicemail. anyone know a solution?  

Contributor

Re: Have no messages but getting message waiting indicator

I hate to leave "Me too" posts, but....Me, too! The light on my phone just keeps blinking away and there are no messages in my voice mail. I hope someone has a solution other than calling up Comcast Support.

Thanks,

Sunny

New Poster

Me too but it's my phone - I have to go into settings on phone and turn it off - but every time phone rings it starts again. I have finally just started ignoring it and checking the phone mags on answering machine because I don't use VM.
Cable Expert

Everyone first should check that there is no suddertone when you pick up the receiver.  If there's no studdertone, and the MWI is still blinking, then you should call Comcast support and they can access the switch to clear the MWI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

i do have a studder tone but there are no messages. im goin to call comcast tomorrow and see whats going on.

New Poster

called comcast this morning. they said for what ever reason, my voicemail was thinking there was a msg when there was none so the reason for the studder tone and new msg display. they needed to reset my voicemail on their end. the new messase display went away right after the reset. problem solved.

New Poster

Phone line seems to be dead.  I disconnected a printer/fax machine and tried to connect the phone directly to the wall Jack.  Now nothing seems to be working.

Karl Johnson  (724-834-8366

New Poster

The condition described in this thread happens every time we get voicemail.  Even though the messages have been listened to and deleted, the message light keeps blinking.  Comcast support each time says they will reset their servers (and they do so) and it stops until we get the next voicemail.  There were vague comments by support that certain brands of phone (I have Uniden) are more susceptible to this problem than others.

Any ideas?  Doesn't Comcast need to make adjustments in its sytem?  Many customers are having this problem - this is one thread of many.

Frequent Visitor

I'm re-starting this thread as I have a message waiting light (flashing indicator with no studder dial tone) that I cannot seem to clear. 

I noticed the original question was never answered.   

Cable Expert

There are many threads on this subject, newer than this one.

The answer is 

Call your home and leave a message, listen to the message and then clear it.  Most of the time the MWI will go away.

If it doesn't, then call Comcast support and they will clear it on the switch.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

JayInAlg wrote:

There are many threads on this subject, newer than this one.

The answer is 

Call your home and leave a message, listen to the message and then clear it.  Most of the time the MWI will go away.

If it doesn't, then call Comcast support and they will clear it on the switch.

Thanks for your quick reply!   And yes, I found the same answer, provided by you, on another thread.   I tried it and it worked.  Bingo. 

FYI: I had googled my issue and that's why/how I replied to an old thread.   Google works better than the internal search on this forum.

Cable Expert

Google is great at finding very old posts on the forum.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

You need to contact Comcast Support for help.  Comcast Support had to clear my voicemail and I had to re-enter my name and password.  This stopped the blinking light notification and the clicking voicemail notification when you pick up your handset to make a call. 

New Poster

I am new to Comcast (Saturday) in NJ but have the same problem...message light keeps flashing and new message is indicated, but there is no message.  Today I spoke to 5 different tecs and all said they would reset the 'phone and resolve the issue.  It is not resolved. We had the exact same problem in FL with Comcast voice mail and were never able to resolve it.  Have 30 days to change my mind and return to FIOS...that may be the only solution.

New Poster

My experience has been that Comcast support is unable to help at all.  Spoke to 5 tecs today and each one said they were resetting my phone, but the light still blinks and there is no message.  It's really annoying to have a problem to which there appears to be no solution.  Good luck.