New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Hardware Requirements

ANSWERED
New Poster

Hardware Requirements

I have the combined services (cable tv, internet, phone). I am purchasing my own modem and router for internet and will be turning in the all-in-one device I'm currently renting from Comcast. My question is what has to be done to keep my phone service working given it is voice over IP and the modems I have been looking at (from Comcast approved list) do not have it? Does Comcast provide a dedicated device to interface with my modem, and, if so, how do I get it? If a device is not provided, what needs to be done to keep the phone service working? Thanks.
Accepted Solution

Re: Hardware Requirements

Believe I have found the solution after spending a great deal of time researching via the internet. Going with an Arris TM822G for modem and voice capability. Appears Comcast supports it and setup is fairly straight forward.
View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Hardware Requirements

Believe I have found the solution after spending a great deal of time researching via the internet. Going with an Arris TM822G for modem and voice capability. Appears Comcast supports it and setup is fairly straight forward.