Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Great News for Comcast Digital Voice subcribers calling Canada

Regular Contributor

Great News for Comcast Digital Voice subcribers calling Canada

Effective August 15, the Comcast Unlimited calling plan has been expanded to include all direct-dialed calls to Canada, so if you have friends or relatives in the Great White North (like I do), go ahead and take full advantage.  Like all long distance calls within the United States, calls to Canada are free for Comcast Digital Voice subscribers!
Service Expert

Re: Great News for Comcast Digital Voice subcribers calling Canada

Welcome, Geoff, and good luck with the forums!

Btw.....stay away from the basement.  Jason has a habit of unlocking the door and getting Michael to push new mods/admins down the steps and then relocking the doors and we never see them again.  Smiley Wink

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I'll try and keep an eye on him!
Most Valued Poster

Welcome aboard GeoffG..........Are you ready for the likes of us.????  I will be good...........I think.Smiley Wink
I just called and we should be getting the phone service any day now.  I have been waiting since 2003. Ahhhhhh, good things come to those who wait.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Most Valued Poster

Naddie1 wrote:
Welcome aboard GeoffG..........Are you ready for the likes of us.????  I will be good...........I think.Smiley Wink
I just called and we should be getting the phone service any day now.  I have been waiting since 2003. Ahhhhhh, good things come to those who wait.

Hi Naddie..

Do you have to pay all the same access charges??  Like you do with Landline? They cost more than the Basic Local Service!Smiley Sad
Most Valued Poster

Drewby wrote:

Naddie1 wrote:

Hi Naddie..

Do you have to pay all the same access charges??  Like you do with Landline? They cost more than the Basic Local Service!Smiley Sad

I found out the answer..Comcast Digital Phone: Monthly charge does not include a per line Subscriber Line Charge, a Universal Connectivity Charge (a tariffed charge which recovers our contributions to universal service support mechanisms), and federal, state and local taxes and other fees. Other restrictions apply. The service covers direct-dialed domestic calls from home only.

Comcast Digital Voice: Offer available to new residential customers that select Comcast for all their home calling needs. Monthly pricing does not include our Regulatory Recovery Fee, which is not a tax or government-required; federal, state, or local taxes and other fees; or other applicable charges (e.g.,per-call charges or international calling). Equipment charges may apply. Unlimited Package pricing applies to direct-dialed domestic calls from home only. Other restrictions apply.

Plus if the phone is out, NO 911 calling..  so why bother??