Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Got new Phone, Is it Compatible with Comcast

Regular Contributor

Got new Phone, Is it Compatible with Comcast

• Got a new home phone, our old Panasonic has no  voice recorde on the Base ,we are using Comcast digital Voice service, the new one PanasonicKX-TGE263 S means silver, Base has a Voice recorder, how will the new phone work when it has a built in recorder on the base, along with Comcast voice mail which we are paying for? Comcast did not no the answer, have not open the box yet. Panasonic was sure in the menu of the new phone recorder on the base can be dissabled??? true or not? Some one must know the answer, because I read everyone in Comcast geting new phones too block 250 Telemarketers and need extra phones, no, I don't want to get another device as a blocker from Amazon.
  • We got the new Phone because we need 3 phones, has 2 extra  phones, Panasonic does not make extra station phones for our old phone.Thanks if some knows the answer or not.
Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

Re: Got new Phone, Is it Compatible with Comcast

OK,opened box saw and read the manual, yes base voice recorder can be turned off with on touch button on/off on the base, even from the  2 other phones. Problem solved. We love our new phone so far.

Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Administrator
Administrator

That is good to hear. If you ever want to use the phone voice recorder at that point we might need to disable to the voicemail on our end. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Still getting marketers, called Comcast, they have a way of blocking my phone from marketers, advisor said he checked it and I'm set up for public calls, he said he can change it to NonPublic, it will block all unknown, teleMarketers, Robo calls and so on, the catch was would cost me $1.50 a months, their old system use to block unlimited, but Comcast moved that system to back east.I told the Advisor, it was Comcast fault,Gov. said Phone provider is resposible for all the Telemarkets, and every year Comcast tells me they are working on this problem, I LOL, told him now we have to pay to Comcast for the blockers, not going to pay $1.50 a month. Comcast Advisor said to me, for all my problems he will make the change on their side for me to make the change to NonPublic for the blocker and give me credit on my bill, another words FREE!

Will take effect today about 7:00PM I'll see if that works with no more Marketers. Thanks Comcast!

I'm not on a Contract, that was the Plus side for me, I get to keep the Blocker at no charge.