Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Getting voicemail notification but there is no message.

New Poster

Getting voicemail notification but there is no message.

When I pick up my phone to call out I hear the beeping noise that notifies you there is a voicemail message. However, when I check the voicemail via internet or phone, it shows there are no voicemail messages. Why am I still getting the beeping notification when I pick up the phone to dial out? Can someone help be stop the beeping noise notification?

Cable Expert

Re: Getting voicemail notification but there is no message.

Try calling your home phone and leave another voice mail message.  Then delete the new message and most times the studdertone will go away.

If it continues, contact Comcast support and they can clear it on the switch.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Did all the unplugs/resets..., call-leave msg/delete, had support end reset modem. Still shows " New Voicemail".
Your end seems to need fixing... Same connections/phones/modem at this end for 5+ years. Never had this problem before.
Load of people on forums have the same problem.
Regular Visitor

I have been getting signals that I have a message, but when I check, it says " No Messages"

New Poster

I just started having the same issue about a week ago and have done all the same things and am still having the issue.

New Poster

Had the same problem. Called Comcast and they recycled the modem. I could probably have done that myself. It seems to have fixed the problem for now but I have not seen this happen before with Comcast so I think they must be having some new generic problem.

New Poster

I did the phone call thing and it worked. I called Comcast and waited about 20 minutes while they tried to fix the problem and finally hung up after 15 minutes on hold. 

Regular Visitor

My phone messages have been deleted but phone still stutters and light blinks.Also, id window shows New Voice Mail

New Poster

I found if I delete a voicemail without listening to it first, it will do this.  Once you get a "New" message in your deleted list, the light is stuck on until someone flushes it out. Sometimes you can just check the trash bin and find the culprit.  If it has aged out of there however, you probably need Comcast to flush it out.

Frequent Visitor

All you have to do is reset the modem.

Regular Visitor

Read the above messages and you will see that is not always true - you can't just reset the modem." I Gree there is a generic problem with comcast, recurring but not constant.
Frequent Visitor

I called my home phone from another phone and left a message. Then deleted the message and the tone went away.

It works.

Regular Visitor

Some users have said leaving themselves a message from another phone (perhaps a mobile), and then deleting it, worked for them.  However, another man said that it can also be something that you need to RESET on your phone's base station that has the Comcast/Xfinity service on it.  

In my case, I had to press and hold the Page button on my home phone's base for 5 seconds and it resets it.  It worked when the first suggestion of leaving a message from my mobile phone & then deleting it didn't work.  

Of course, the RESET will be based on your phone's instructions.  Thankfully, I ALWAYS keep manuals, so I was able to look it up.  If you didn't keep the manual, see if you can find it online.

Hope this helped some people!

New Poster

I have panasonic kxtg4741 phones,  held down the # key until phone beeped.  Had to do it to two handsets but it cured the problem (at least for now).  This info was in the manuel.  Good Luck!

Regular Visitor

I had the same thing happen. Drove me crazy. Then, someone told me to call my cellphone on my own cellphone (which sounds strange...I know). Sure enough. I had a message lingering. I listened to the prompts, deleted it. No more beeps. Crazy, but it worked! 😉
Good luck!
New Poster

Re: Getting voicemail notification but there is no

My phone says I have a voice mail which service I had taken off my phone and it won't go away no matter what I have tried.

New Poster

Thanks your fix worked for me to. I also have a Panasonic phone. Tried other fixes but they didn't work.
New Poster

I have a new Panasonic DECT 6.0 system with its own answering machine.  I, too, get a notification that I have a message on this answering machine but when I go to listen to the message there is no message.  In order to clear it, I have to holt the # key down for 4 seconds and it clears it, but this happens every time I either call out our someone calls in so it happens multiple times a day which is the problem.  Any suggestions?