Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Getting someone else's voicemail sent to my email

Frequent Visitor

Getting someone else's voicemail sent to my email

I live in Florida and have an 850 area code.  For the last several months, I have been receiving email messages every time someone leaves a voicemail for a phone number in the 609 area code.  I get to read about things like doctors' appointments or when the Nebraska game will be on tv.  The last time I called Comcast to try to stop it, it took about 4 people to understand that I did not need help with my own settings.  This is not my phone number, and I do not have access to the account that is sending these messages to my email address.  Eventually, I got to someone who understood.  His solution?  He called the number and left them a message to call Comcast.  How do I know?  Because I received the email with the text of his message.  Either they did not call Comcast or did not change the settings, because I am still getting the emails.  

They are easily ignored and only a mild annoyance, but I doubt they want me getting their messages.  You would think that Comcast could just edit the account to remove my email address, but apparently not.  I would call these people myself, but I don't know their names (well, I guess I know some first names) and cannot imagine how that conversation would go.  Hi, I live in Florida and all of your voicemail messages are being converted to text and emailed to me.

Any suggestions?

Problem Solver

Re: Getting someone else's voicemail sent to my email

OriginalBahmo-

Our team will look into this matter for you. Could you please forward me a copy of that email sent to your account. You can use my email or Private message.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Not sure what your email address is, so sending you a PM.

Frequent Visitor

Any further word on this?  They were obviously near Hurricane Sandy, as I have received about 15 messages in the last week about the storm and its effects.