Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Getting Voice service on my Arris TG852G

Frequent Visitor

Getting Voice service on my Arris TG852G

I purchased a new Arris TG852G (on Comcasts approved list) on ebay as I wanted to eliminate the $7 per month lease.   When we were setting it up the Comcast tech on the phone told me that I would not be able to get phone service working on this modem as it was not sold by Comcast.  He also mentioned that modems sold/leased by Comcast will appear in your sales account and once it's there, then he can link to it to get phone service working.  Is it really the case that I have to purchase/lease equipment from Comcast to get the Voice service working?    

Cable Expert

Re: Getting Voice service on my Arris TG852G

Since your TG852G is not sold at retail, Comcast usuall won't provision it's voice section.  If you look at the HSI and home networking forum, that unit is a piece of junk anyway.

The only approved eMTA for retail sale is the Arris TM722G sold at select Best Buy's with Comcast Connection Centers in them  These are sold by Best Buy and then the Comcast on site agent setups the installation details.  In some markets you can do a self install, some needs a tech install.  The list of Best Buys with connection centers is HERE.  Not all Comcast markets do the customer owned eMTA's.

Much equipment sold online auction sites are "unreturned" equipment, since the supply chain for such equipment is only sold to cable companies, and never at retail in the US.

You should try and get your money back, as that unit is garbage.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon