Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fed up with Comcast Digital Voice after only 2.5 weeks.

Regular Visitor

Fed up with Comcast Digital Voice after only 2.5 weeks.

Greetings all,

First off I just recently moved to Florida from Wisconsin because my wife obtained a teaching job in Florida.   I relocated my home based business and signed up with Comcast Tripleplay package.  

I thought it would be a great deal at first, but we started having problems right away.   The first problem was the phone would continiously cut calls off.   I didn't think anything of this.  Then I went 2 days without any calls whatsoever and a client called me on my cell stating that my phone line was not working.   When I tested the line it was working again.      However, this happened again this past Weds. and has not worked since.    I have a dial tone but am unable to recieved calls nor call out on this line.   I've reset the modem and checked the line jacks.   After contacting Comcast on Thursday they stated the problem is more than likely on their end and the issue would be resolved within 55 hours.    That is 3 days of missed worked and jobs for me.   The 55 hours ran out Saturday afternoon and still no phone.   So I contacted again and was told the problem has been escalated to a priority status and it would be fixed within 2-3 hours and a tech would call me.    24 hours later and still nothing so I call back and once again am told the same thing........

I'm just fed up with this.  I've lost literally hundreds of dollars because of this issue and have gone over 500 minutes over my plan on my cell phone because of this.   Luckily my clients have not up and told me they are going with someone else locally in Wisconsin yet, but if this problem isn't fixed by Monday that may happen.

Has anyone else had problems like this?   I've had the phone service for only about 2.5 weeks and in that time have been able to use the service maybe 5 days in which I didn't get calls cut short and/or had service at all.

Also, there's a problem with my digital cable which I won't go into in this forum.    It also cuts out all the time......

Regular Visitor

Also....

I know someone will come on here and state, "That is why you should have a land line as a backup".        For that person..     I would have a land line but when you need spend 4-5 hours a day calling back and forth to Wisconsin the long distance toll will add up.    Smiley Wink

Edit:   10 hours later after CSR said I would get a call within the hour from a tech and still nothing...   ..go figure.    Only the 3rd time I've been told that in the past 3 days.

Message Edited by ChristianJock on 10-01-200610:59 PM

Most Valued Poster

Re: Also....

ChristianJock wrote:
I know someone will come on here and state, "That is why you should have a land line as a backup".      

Message Edited by ChristianJock on 10-01-200605:34 PM

WOW! I would of never thought of THAT....
Regular Visitor

Problem has been fixed..

I called once again this morning about 8:30am and spoke with another CSR.    This time the CSR was on the ball.   She personally went to the tech department to find out what the problem was.    In less than 2 minutes she called me back on my home phone.        

After 5 days of waiting and no phone service it took 1 CSR only 2 minutes to find out what the problem was.    It seems all the tech department had to do was flip a switch and it was fixed.  

Geeze.....   
Most Valued Poster

Re: Problem has been fixed..

Glad you got your Service working..   Keep us posted...
Most Valued Poster

Re: Problem has been fixed..

It seems all the tech department had to do was flip a switch and it was fixed.  
Must have thought they were just turning off the lights and saving money Smiley Wink
Firefox 3
New Poster

Re: Fed up with Comcast Digital Voice after only 2.5 weeks.

I am fed up too!......I have constant promblems with my service....mostly the phone.  I also have the triple play package.  I here echos in my phone all the time.  They have been to my home twice to correct this.  Sometimes when people call me it throws them directly into my voice mail without my phone ever ringing!  Sometimes I pick up the phone in the morning to use it and it's just DEAD!  It usually always takes  a couple of days to fix the problem.  I had to demand to talk to a supervisor one day....got so frustrated.   Well that really upset the guy!  He finally got in touch with a supervisor (of course they wouldn't get on the phone), but the supervisior went to tech support and low and behold the problem was fixed in just a couple of minutes.    Evidently they flipped their magical switch.   I am thoroughly fed up with Comcast.  Is this what you call COMCASTIC???????????   LOL!
Regular Contributor

Re: Fed up with Comcast Digital Voice after only 2.5 weeks.

Hi there,

I apologize for the initial problems you both had with your Comcast Digital Voice service. I understand how frustrating it can be to not have reliable telephone service. Comcast does make every effort to ensure that all of our customers' accounts are set up correctly, but in rare instances there can be some errors that can cause the problems you have had. In some cases it can take some time to track down the problem and get it resolved.

I'm glad that we were able to get your problems resolved and I'd like to thank you very much for your patience in dealing with these issues. We are continuing to improve the quality of the delivery of our services to further reduce the chances of this problem happening in the future.

Thanks for choosing Comcast!

Geoff