Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Faxing issues

New Poster

Faxing issues

I am looking for suggestions on how to get my Comcast phone service to work better with my fax machine.  Suggestion other than add a line or fine a digital carrier.  It seems to work ok, when I plug in directly from the modem to the fax.  However, I also run a security system off the phone line and it will not work when I run the line from my modem, through the fax and the out to the rest of the house.  I have tried a spliter with a filter.  I couldn't get it to work at all doing that.  When I run the line from the modem to the house, then the house to the fax, I swear only 1 in 10 faxes goes.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Faxing issues

feedupfaxman wrote:

I am looking for suggestions on how to get my Comcast phone service to work better with my fax machine.  Suggestion other than add a line or fine a digital carrier.  It seems to work ok, when I plug in directly from the modem to the fax.  However, I also run a security system off the phone line and it will not work when I run the line from my modem, through the fax and the out to the rest of the house.  I have tried a spliter with a filter.  I couldn't get it to work at all doing that.  When I run the line from the modem to the house, then the house to the fax, I swear only 1 in 10 faxes goes.

If you are running your security system of the same line the best thing would be to get an additional line without features. The reason for this is that, issues could arise and your alarm might not work properly otherwise. A second line with no features usually starts at 11.95, but this can varried depending on the area. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon