Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fax will not work

Contributor

Fax will not work

I have a HP 6110xi All-In-One fax , printer, scanner. I can not get the the machine to sent or receive a fax since I switched to Comcast Voice. I have read all the advice offered here on this site, but nothing seems to work. My HP machine has two phone jacks on the back......one labeled "Wall Jack" and one labeled "Handset".

My Comcast phone line comes from my Comcast modem to the "Handset" jack and the "Wall Jack" is connected to the wall jack. Now I know this seems backward, but if I swap the two phone cords at the back of the All-In-One, all the lights on my modem start blinking and never stop doing so. If I change the cords back, the lights blink for a minute then go on solid.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Email Expert

Re: Fax will not work

You should connect the Wall Jack jack to the modem. Make sure you're using the right kind of phone cable. This HP support page says that you have to use a two-wire cable, not a 4-wire.

The Handset jack should be connected to an ordinary phone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

mike123 wrote:
I have a HP 6110xi All-In-One fax , printer, scanner. I can not get the the machine to sent or receive a fax since I switched to Comcast Voice. I have read all the advice offered here on this site, but nothing seems to work. My HP machine has two phone jacks on the back......one labeled "Wall Jack" and one labeled "Handset".

My Comcast phone line comes from my Comcast modem to the "Handset" jack and the "Wall Jack" is connected to the wall jack. Now I know this seems backward, but if I swap the two phone cords at the back of the All-In-One, all the lights on my modem start blinking and never stop doing so. If I change the cords back, the lights blink for a minute then go on solid.

Mike, I have a multi function fax also, and the tech that installed my CDV also had to do something to be sure that my fax worked and it does, very well.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Most Valued Poster

Naddie1 wrote:

mike123 wrote:

Mike, I have a multi function fax also, and the tech that installed my CDV also had to do something to be sure that my fax worked and it does, very well.

Fax me baby! Smiley Wink