New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fax showing communication error

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Fax showing communication error

for a while now we have had periodic static on our phones. now. it seems we cannot send faxes. when i did a little research on this subject it appears that if the phone lines are slightly faulty calls will work but faxs will not. any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fax showing communication error

Thanks for the input. I plugged the fax directly into the modem and it worked perfectly. Obviously some inside wiring issues. When phone service is installled does Comcast change some wiring where the original phone circuits are split from the incoming line?

View answer in context
Service Expert

Edgymon wrote:

for a while now we have had periodic static on our phones. now. it seems we cannot send faxes. when i did a little research on this subject it appears that if the phone lines are slightly faulty calls will work but faxs will not. any ideas?

Static could be an indication of inside wiring issues....   to troubleshoot this easily, plug the fax directly into the gateway/modem and tst to see if it working correctly.  If yes, the issue is with your inside wiring.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the input. I plugged the fax directly into the modem and it worked perfectly. Obviously some inside wiring issues. When phone service is installled does Comcast change some wiring where the original phone circuits are split from the incoming line?

Administrator
Administrator

In some cases they might change it to allow it to work with the Comcast phone, now I have seen that in some cases they do not make any changes depending on the way the jacks are wired. Because this is an inside wiring issue you I would recomend having an electrician check it or if you have the service protection plan we could have a tech out to look into this. The reason for this is that usually for inside wiring problems a charge might apply from a tech visit. But this is something that they might be able to fix. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon