Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fax machine

New Poster

Fax machine

Will I be able to use my Fax Machine with Voice Service ?

Service Expert

Re: Fax machine

jtpentecost wrote:

Will I be able to use my Fax Machine with Voice Service ?

Yes, it is no different than using any landline service.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have not been able to successfully use my fax machine with xfinity voice. I have tried faxing to different destinations but the fax either doesn't connect or the fax doesn't go through.

Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Service Expert

Ugh6 wrote:
I have not been able to successfully use my fax machine with xfinity voice. I have tried faxing to different destinations but the fax either doesn't connect or the fax doesn't go through.

Hopefully you'll have better luck.

What is the make & model of your FAX machine?  How is it connected to your phone wiring/modem and/or gateway?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

jtpentecost wrote: Will I be able to use my Fax Machine with Voice Service ?

You should be able to. Note that you'll need to connect the fax to your Comcast phone wiring. Apologies if you already knew that, but users who have a wireless printer/fax often think that they will be able to send and receive faxes wirelessly and it just doesn't work that way. Unless you've signed up with a service that sends and receives faxes for you, a connection to a phone line is still needed.

If you have problems you may need to set your fax to a lower speed, or change other settings. Search your fax manufactuer's support site for a page similar to http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=252862&prodo...