Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fax line

New Poster

Fax line

Called to get a fax line added to my account for my fax machine. Called customer service and they scheduled a Tech to come out, assigning me my Fax number 352-508-XXXX at the same time. Tech arrived a week late and I took a few hours off work early to meet him. He was on his phone for almost 2 hours with no luck. He didnt have a clue as why he was there, stating all they needed to do was activate the line from the central office. He was transfered from person to person until his cell phone went dead. He left without closing the work order. I call customer service and explain my request of adding a fax line to my existing service. I was back and forth for almost 1 1/2 hours with customer service with them telling me they will call me back when it is resolved..........That was 2 hours ago. 

What is the problem with Comcast, I'm tired of this crXp dealing with them.

No I cant go to another service for service as this is my only option for high speed internet where I live. 

All I want is my fax line activated.

Cable Expert

Re: Fax line

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your issue with the local folks.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Retired Administrator

Tavares11 wrote:

Called to get a fax line added to my account for my fax machine. Called customer service and they scheduled a Tech to come out, assigning me my Fax number 352-508-XXXX at the same time. Tech arrived a week late and I took a few hours off work early to meet him. He was on his phone for almost 2 hours with no luck. He didnt have a clue as why he was there, stating all they needed to do was activate the line from the central office. He was transfered from person to person until his cell phone went dead. He left without closing the work order. I call customer service and explain my request of adding a fax line to my existing service. I was back and forth for almost 1 1/2 hours with customer service with them telling me they will call me back when it is resolved..........That was 2 hours ago. 

What is the problem with Comcast, I'm tired of this crXp dealing with them.

No I cant go to another service for service as this is my only option for high speed internet where I live. 

All I want is my fax line activated.

This is an embarrassing experience and I apologize that we did not value your time. I've asked our Regional office to look into this and get back to you. You will be contact no later than Monday afternoon.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I need a fax line  can you help with that

Gold Problem Solver

Call  1-800 comcast?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I had voice added about a week ago.

I've had a fax for about 10 years with my previous carrier.

Since the change to Comcast; I can send but not receive faxes.

How can you help?