Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fax HP4622 test fail Jack connection

Frequent Visitor

Fax HP4622 test fail Jack connection

Switched to Comcast voice. Connect HP All-In-One directly to Comcast modem/router where I normally connect the telephone cord.

Run fax test on HP.The hardware passes, the cord passes, but the active telephone wall jack fails.

From reading the posts, it appears some folks are succeeding in getting their HP's to fax.  But they seemed to have a different problem from mine.

What might I be doing wrong, what can I try?

Official Employee

Re: Fax HP4622 test fail Jack connection

Is your modem in the same room as the fax machine? If not is your phone line out of the modem back feeding through your home wiring. Check for dial tone out of the jack you want to use

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The fax machine is directly connected to the modem/router - no wall jacks are involved. (as an aside, I wanted the modem wired to a wall outlet but the installer wasn't able to make it work)

I unplugged the telephone from the modem/router and plugged in the fax machine.  The fax test indicates the hardware passes and the cord passes but "fax conected to active wall jack" (or in this case, the modem) fails.

New Poster

I have an HP 4300 all-in-one.  When I plug it into the phone line, my phone goes dead and I can not send a fax.  How do I fix this situation?  Thanks so much.