Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

FAXES will NOT go through!?!?

Contributor

FAXES will NOT go through!?!?

Hello, I am paying $12./mo for a Fax line through Comcast/Xfinity, and for some strange reason, I am having trouble faxing anything all of a sudden......I ran ALL diagnostic texts on my Fax/Copier/Printer machine (Epson Workforce 630) which state that ALL connection/Ports/dial tone/Hardware issues are working properly, so I assume this is some sort of issue on Comcast's end?

The message I have been repeatedly receiving while attempting to fax today is: "A communication error has occurred during the fax transmission. If you are sending, please try again/or call to make sure the recipient's fax machine is ready to receive faxes."

I DID call, TWO different people that I was attempting to send a fax to, and their machines were on and working properly, they have already received faxes from others today. WHY aren't ANY of MY faxes going through? FOURTEEN TIMES, between three different numbers I tried today, yet STILL receive the SAME error notice.

Can someone please tell me HOW to remedy this situation?? 

Thank you!

Service Expert

Re: FAXES will NOT go through!?!?

AngelQM wrote:

Hello, I am paying $12./mo for a Fax line through Comcast/Xfinity, and for some strange reason, I am having trouble faxing anything all of a sudden......I ran ALL diagnostic texts on my Fax/Copier/Printer machine (Epson Workforce 630) which state that ALL connection/Ports/dial tone/Hardware issues are working properly, so I assume this is some sort of issue on Comcast's end?

The message I have been repeatedly receiving while attempting to fax today is: "A communication error has occurred during the fax transmission. If you are sending, please try again/or call to make sure the recipient's fax machine is ready to receive faxes."

I DID call, TWO different people that I was attempting to send a fax to, and their machines were on and working properly, they have already received faxes from others today. WHY aren't ANY of MY faxes going through? FOURTEEN TIMES, between three different numbers I tried today, yet STILL receive the SAME error notice.

Can someone please tell me HOW to remedy this situation?? 

Thank you!

Questions:  Do you have a dial tone?  Are the TEL lights lit or dark?  Did you call into Comcast and ask if you were in a temporary outage?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: FAXES will NOT go through!?!?

Yes, I've had a dial tone the whole time. I actually have a seperate line for my land-line phone and a seperate line for the fax machine, both plugged into the latest version of Comcast/Xfinity Modem.

TEL Lights were lit up the whole time as well.

I did call Comcast, there was NO outage...we have Comcast/Xfinity for Internet/TV/Phone/Fax......everything else was working properly. The Comcast agent sent me a fax to test the machine/fax line & it came through fine. 

Reading through this forum, others have stated that sometimes a Fax won't work properly through cable phone lines, but up until that day, I had NO issues sending/receiving fax. I attempted AGAIN, today to send a fax and am still receiving the same notification after every two attempts (It automatically redials one minute after the first try).

I've also read to turn the ECM and V.34 setting on my machine to "OFF", tried that too and STILL receving the same exact notification after numerous attempts.

I just don't understand WHY all-of-a-sudden this is an issue and why EPSON, Nor Comcast/Xfinity can figure out what the problem is?