Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

FAX on comcast digital

New Poster

FAX on comcast digital

Are there instructions anywhere on how to set up your fax ...and make it work, on your comcast digitsl phone line?

Cable Expert

Re: FAX on comcast digital

Comcast CDV usually works with most fax machines and combo fax printers, and fax modems in computers and laptops.

The fax machine connects to a live phone jack in the home, just like a telephone if your house inside wiring is connected to your Comcast eMTA telephony modem.  Normally, you just plug it in just like a phone to the phone jack.  Some fax machines need to have the baud rate reduced or set manually for 9600.

For many HP printers, you need a 2 wire phone cord from the fax to the eMTA telephony modem.

If your sharing your fax with your voice phone, then you need to turn off auto answer, and answer the fax machine manually when the phone rings and your expecting a incoming fax.

If your telephone jacks in the house are not wired to your eMTA telephony modem, then you would directly connect the fax to the eMTA's L1/L2 jack by adding a telephone splitter to give you more than one phone jack.

There are no printed directions created by Comcast for faxing.  Usually the instructions in the fax maching manual would be followed.  Normally it's as simple as plugging in the fax just like a phone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon