Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

*FAX ISSUES* Distinctive ring for my HP 5510v

New Poster

*FAX ISSUES* Distinctive ring for my HP 5510v

Is there a way to set up my Comcast service to be able to receive and send faxes from my HP 5510v? I can send now, but it goes to voice mail before it goes to fax when receiving.

Thanks,

Robert

Santa Cruz Armory

WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM

Cable Expert

Re: *FAX ISSUES* Distinctive ring for my HP 5510v

Comcast does not offer any distinctive ringing option, you should probably invest in a 2nd line without the voicemail and other features for the fax for about $12 a month, or look into a automatic fax switch that will transfer a incoming fax to the fax machine.  These switches will interfer with your voice mail and not be the best solution for you.

Hooking the RJ11 jack from the fax machine to the eMTA for faxing out will not be an issue, but you might need to adjust the baud rate slower on the HP device in the menu for it to successfully complete the fax connection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the info.

New Poster

I'm having basically the same problem. I have a Brothers fax machine and every time i receive a fax, it will dissconnect my internet and phone. Resets the entire system. Also have noticed that on some incoming calls from phones, it does the same thing. Baud rate on fax is set at 9600 baud rate. Didn't have the problem until I had the XFinity TV connected.

The tech came and tried to put a new phone cord on and still having the same problem. This happens twice a day and I have to reset my entire system.(Router, Modem) Even still getting pixelling on the TV. Modem and router are working fine. Any other suggestions??