New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Every call goes Comcast voicemail

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Contributor

Every call goes Comcast voicemail

I am about ready to rip my phone off the wall and convert to using my cell phone for my land line. I bought a new phone and after set up all my comcast calls were being forwarded to my cell phone. What? I didn’t make any setting to do that. So after much searching I found *73 to turn off call forwarding. Now the home phone rings one time and all the calls are going into Comcast voicemail. HUH? I had things set up for my own answering machine to get the calls. I read on a forum to try *79 and I get the message that service is not available. I DO NOT want to use Comcast voicemail. I’m thinking the Comcast connect app with that stupid voice2go is the culprit but no one seems to know. I don’t want Comcast to take over my phone life like it is doing now. I’m tired of having to do endless searches on forums to try to find a solution. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Accepted Solution

Re: Every call goes Comcast voicemail

Update: after much searching I found I had to get into settings to change the number of rings so my answering machine will get the calls, NOT Comcast. What I can’t figure out is how those settings (call forwarding and calls going to Comcast voicemail) were changed. Something is amiss somewhere. I got it fixed for now. I hope no more changes take place. 

View answer in context
Contributor

Re: Every call goes Comcast voicemail

Update: after much searching I found I had to get into settings to change the number of rings so my answering machine will get the calls, NOT Comcast. What I can’t figure out is how those settings (call forwarding and calls going to Comcast voicemail) were changed. Something is amiss somewhere. I got it fixed for now. I hope no more changes take place. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation