New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error DVC-273

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Error DVC-273

This has been like this since I signed on for service and had it installed on 04/19/11.

Call center is useless, my signal levels are all over the place for TV and internet and have yet to be even close to 0db or better, phone calls drop, I had my one box replaced 2x and still tiling and dropping sound and picture with only one STB in the house and my wife and daughter are like "order satellite already bozo so we can have TV too"

The low level of service is just plain embarrasing.

Accepted Solution

Re: Error DVC-273

OK I was contacted and a tech came out this moring who is having my drop changed from RG-6 to RG-11 on monday. He couldn't do it today ???  Right now at 1 pm my modem is sitting at -11db down and the heat is still coming on. As well they have to send somebody else out to install a sub drop amp (bandaid) so that I can have 1 modem and 3 stb's. With Cablevision in NY I had a docsis 3.0 modem and 5 hd stb's on the cable connection with no need for a drop amp (bandaid) prior to switching to FiOS and I lived in a way more populated area where the nodes were close to being at peak load of subs. If they try to charge me for installing an amp to fix their inability to deliver a serviceable signal to my home, or if the service continues to drop I'm gonna yank out all the stb's and just have the one line for an emta and get satellite till the fiber is buried on my block.....enough is enough already. this is the 4th visit I've had out here from in house techs and downstream signal is still an issues with the attenuation caused by temps (allthough changing the faceplate from a value 17 to a value 11 did fix the return path issue the downstream remains the same because the system just doesn't have the drive) and a change of the HD stb did fix some problems I still need to have signal for my wife and daughter to have their own tv's.....Is providing enough signal for 3 stb's and an emta to work w/o issues to much to ask for ??? seems that way for the last 4 months.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get the right local people to get your service working properly.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

A ticket has been setup and escalated for someone to contact you about this issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

OK I was contacted and a tech came out this moring who is having my drop changed from RG-6 to RG-11 on monday. He couldn't do it today ???  Right now at 1 pm my modem is sitting at -11db down and the heat is still coming on. As well they have to send somebody else out to install a sub drop amp (bandaid) so that I can have 1 modem and 3 stb's. With Cablevision in NY I had a docsis 3.0 modem and 5 hd stb's on the cable connection with no need for a drop amp (bandaid) prior to switching to FiOS and I lived in a way more populated area where the nodes were close to being at peak load of subs. If they try to charge me for installing an amp to fix their inability to deliver a serviceable signal to my home, or if the service continues to drop I'm gonna yank out all the stb's and just have the one line for an emta and get satellite till the fiber is buried on my block.....enough is enough already. this is the 4th visit I've had out here from in house techs and downstream signal is still an issues with the attenuation caused by temps (allthough changing the faceplate from a value 17 to a value 11 did fix the return path issue the downstream remains the same because the system just doesn't have the drive) and a change of the HD stb did fix some problems I still need to have signal for my wife and daughter to have their own tv's.....Is providing enough signal for 3 stb's and an emta to work w/o issues to much to ask for ??? seems that way for the last 4 months.

Regular Contributor

Just wanted to add in that after the tech came out yesterday my signal is worse....This really sucks.  He must have left something loose on the tap or in the box on the side of my home as at this point my signal sits at a -12db down, noise level is not where it was and the return is going back up,  and it ain't even noon yet.

Regular Contributor

Well the tech that was out Saturday told me they would be here on Monday to replace my drop with an RG-11 drop......Guess what, Moday came and went, no new drop, no phone call, no email.....nothing.  Comcast cares ? I think not.

Time to get the copy of the franchise agreement with this area and complain to the proper authorities.

Regular Contributor

tech came out and did nothing but climb his ladder, stare at his meter, drink my ice cold spring water, and make promises that were not kept.

Regular Contributor

Access to call records has been disabled.   [Error DVC-273]

Well we are back to this again.....my bill is paid in full, but here we are again not being able to use what I paid for.  On a brighter note the signal to my house is better than before (not what it should be) but better.