New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error DVC-253

New Poster

Error DVC-253

Hello,

I'm new to comcast "digital voice" I am trying to set up my voice mail and the following error message is listed for both Missed Calls and Recently Dialed Numbers box.

Access to call records has been disabled.   [Error DVC-253]

Thank you and I look forward to your help.

Cable Expert

Re: Error DVC-253

The Comcast Corp escalation team had been notified of your issue and will look into it.

Please watch this post and your email for updates from the team, today or Friday.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Retired Administrator

We will have you cared for. I've asked our regional office to look into this and reach out to you today.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

New Poster

I am new to the forums (and Comcast in general).

I just spent an hour in chat with an analyst unsucessfully troubleshooting a couple of issues.

1 - Phones don't ring.  They do for internal "intercom" calls, but not external calls.  We can make outbound calls. And can even answer incoming ones if we happen to pick up the phone when it is "ringing".

2 - Caller ID isn't registering any missed calls.

The phone and house wiring all worked fine with Verizon/Frontier.  They even worked for the initial test call from the Comcast tech during installation.  But they haven't worked since.  If the TV is one, it tells us someone is calling.  And voice mail works.

Anyway.  I just logged into DVC for the first time and see some errors in there.  DVC-283 and DVC-253.  I don't know what they mean.  Only two hits come up when searching for them.  One old one on DSLReports (or a similar site) and this posting that was apparently resolved.  I don't know why the chat analyst didn't see them, but they seem related.   Help?

Thanks.

Cable Expert

Please start by pressing the indented reset button on the eMTA phone adapter and give it a test.

Next would be to plug in a known good wired phone directly to the eMTA phone adapter.  Give it a test.

You don't state what kind of phones you have.  We need to narrow down if these are cordless phones are interfering with other 2.4ghz equipment like a wireless router that's too close to the phone base.  If this could be the issue, moving the phone base away from the router would be a start, and changing the channel on the router for the wi-fi would be another step to take.

So please start by resetting the eMTA, then try plug in a known good wired phone.

There are also some cordless phones that are incompatible with the EMTA phone adapters.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Thanks Jay.  I will give that a try and report back.

The phones are a set of Panasonic KX-TGA402s.  But again, please note that they worked with the same wiring and wireless access point (Comcast in my area does not provides WAPs.  They simply plugged my existing one into the "inside" side of the modem.)  And again, they worked when Comcast was first installed.  The tech tested them before leaving my house.  The problem is, his call is the last entry in my caller ID log and the phones haven't rung since.

Simple troubleshooting (what has changed since it last worked) leads me to some sort of configuration on the Comcast side (since none of the hardware has changed since that test call), but I haven't a clue what.

Sean