Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Equipment charges are killing me

New Poster

Equipment charges are killing me

I am currently paying over $30 a month for equipment and would like to reduce it.

I have a bundle that includes 1 HD/DVR.

HD/DVR Additional Svc $17.95

3 Additional Outlet @ $1.99 each

Wireless Gateway Device $7.00

Any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Equipment charges are killing me

Tell them to stick it!

Regular Visitor

I SUGGEST DROPPING THE COMC. SVC. - GET A DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER- HOME WORX SUPPLIES THEM FOR $49.99 OR LESS - ON AMAZON, WITH AN ANTENNA (INDOOR) - FOR $9.99

THERE IS A WEB SITE YOU CAN GO TO LOOK UP DIGITAL TV MAP - TO SEE CHANNELS AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA.

THEN GET A MAGIC JACK PLUS - 2014 - AVAILABLE FOR $49.95 - MAKES YOUR WHOLE HOUSE PHONES RING...AND, IS PORTABLE - TO ANYWHERE YOU TRAVEL AND CAN CALL ANYWHERE IN US AND CANADA.

AND THEN - ALL YOU NEED IS INTERNET TO MAKE THE MJP WORK...YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF HEADACHES, AND, BAD STUFF FROM COMCAST!

ALSO - A NEW PKG COMING OUT - ONLINE OFFER - INTERNET PLUS - SUPPOSEDLY - $39.99/12 MOS. NO CONTRACT - 25 MEGS DOWNLOAD - AND, HBO AND HBO2GO, AND, XFINITY ON DEMAND, AND, STREAMPIX...THOUGH DON'T TRY TO CALL AND ORDER, UNLESS YOU CONSIDER THE RETENTION DEPT.

IF YOU CALL THEY WILL TRY TO SELL IT TO YOU FOR OVER $60+ WITHOUT XOD, OR STREAMPIX, OR HBO.  COMC. SVC. HAS A HABIT OF LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

I ALSO RECOMMEND YOU REPORT THEM ONLINE THROUGH THE FCC'S WEB SITE, WHICH YOU CAN TYPE A LENGTHY DOCUMENT, AND, UPLOAD IT, AS MAX IS 1000 CHARACTERS ON THEIR SITE...

COMC. SVC. HAS BEEN LOSING 100'S OF 1000'S OF CUSTOMERS PER QUARTER SINCE JAN., 2012, AND, IS CONTINUING TO DECLINE.

YOU WILL ALSO NOTICE, NEW PRICES GOING INTO EFFECT WITH NEW STATEMENT, I JUST RECV'D IN THE MAIL TODAY - SO NOW'S THE TIME TO STOP AND CHANGE!

OTHER OPTIONS INCLUDE BASIC TALK - WHICH COSTS $99 FOR EQUIPMENT, AND, $9.95/MO., AND, YOU STILL ND. INTERNET.

BEST OF LUCK.  HOPE THIS HELPS.

AND COMCAST RECORDS 100% OF ALL CALLS - WHICH GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THE SAME, SO IF YOU CATCH THEM IN LIES, YOU CAN DOCUMENT W/O TELLING THEM, BY FEDERAL LAWS, BECAUSE THEY STATE CALLS MAY BE RECORDED OR MONITORED, BUT, IF YOU ASK, "ARE ALL CALLS RECORDED?" - THEY SHOULD/MUST ANSWER CORRECTLY - THAT ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED  100%, WHICH GIVES YOU THAT SAME RIGHT, WITHOUT TELLING THEM.

AND, TAKE NOTES, AND, ASK FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE ID NUMBER!

HAPPIER HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL - AND HOPE YOU DUMP SOME OF THE RIDICULOUS PRICED SERVICES COMCAST OFFERS....WHO WATCHES 120, 200, OR MORE CHANNELS - NOBODY...SO IT'S A RIP OFF.

P.S. - MAKE SURE YOU DO REGULAR INTERNET SPEED TESTS - SPEEDTEST.NET - AND, COPY AND PASTE INTO EMAIL TO YOURSELF - DO SPEED TESTS, AND, SHARE, AND, CLICK ON MY RESULTS, AND, YOU'LL SEE IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY GETTING THE SPEEDS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET, AND, ARE PAYING FOR.

THEY LIE ABOUT NOT SUPPORTING WIRELESS INTERNET, WHICH IS BULL  - ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE FULL CONNECTION SIGNAL - (GO TO CONNECT ON YOUR COMPUTER, UNDER START UP - TAKE DIGITAL IMAGE IF NECESSARY - AS EVIDENCE).

IF NECESSARY, CALL PRESIDENT'S OFC, IN PHILADELPHIA, MR. BRIAN ROBERTS IS PRESIDENT, AND, YOU'LL GET CORP. ESCALATION TEAM - AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS - YOU'LL GET BETTER RESPONSE IN MOST CASES, THAN DEALING WITH THE CAEs, WHO SELDOM EVEN MENTION COMCAST CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE.

AND, IF YOU GET ANYONE IN FOREIGN COUNTRY ASKING FOR A DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER, AT THEIR CALL CENTER, GET THEIR EMPLOYEE ID, AND, ASK FOR SUPERVISOR, AND, REPORT THEM, AND, THEN REPORT TO COMCAST HQ, IN PHILADELPHIA, PA.

Valued Contributor

For the most part i agree with your suggestion except for this part

"AND COMCAST RECORDS 100OF ALL CALLS - WHICH GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THESAMESO IF YOU CATCH THEM IN LIESYOU CAN DOCUMENT W/O TELLING THEMBY FEDERALLAWSBECAUSE THEY STATE CALLS MAY BE RECORDED OR MONITOREDBUTIF YOU ASK, "ARE ALL CALLS RECORDED?" - THEY SHOULD/MUST ANSWER CORRECTLY - THAT ALL CALLSARE RECORDED  100%, WHICH GIVES YOU THAT SAME RIGHTWITHOUT TELLING THEM."

Under federal law, Comcast has to tell you that the calls are recorded due to many state laws that require companies to tell them that they are recording. While federal law may say that you have the right to record these calls, states will give you many problems.  In my State of New Hampshire, if you don't tell the party that you are recording either company or person, the other party can sue you (and normally wins)  Just saying be careful with the recording because depending on the location of the call center, you can get into issues with recording calls.

Frequent Visitor

Buy your own data voice modem, it reduces you eqipment charge by $7.00

Official Employee

Drop the second DVR to an HD box 10 bucks right there, any digital boxes you have fees, if you don't have phone service buy your own modem and router and drop the gateway or you could drop everything and just keep re-reading the second post after yours because that's pure entertainment right there

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Great thesis and sound alternatives,,Question what to use for internet  if not comcast?  Net zero or other, I have no idea as to replacement from comcast internet.Suggestion???. I receive basic cable as part of our condo  fees,

Our association is thinking  of switching..C  charges us over 225k a year and we get lousy service and the privilege of having their trucks hide here during working hours  ugh ugh.will await your info..