Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email indicating new voice mail. No audio file

New Poster

Email indicating new voice mail. No audio file

I used to get emails that I had a voice mail. I had no problem listening to the audio file with the email. Bingo, one day it stopped working... Now I get an email and no audio file. When I go to Voice, the message is there, but the file size is zero. I can still get the vm by dialing *99..... Help! Chatting has not seemed to be able to get the problem solved. Next level tech's have never called back.

Thanks

New Poster

Re: Email indicating new voice mail. No audio file

I have a similar problem  I get notified of voice messages via email,  But when I go to the xfinity site, there are no voice mail messages. Just Missed, Answered and Placed calls -- even though some of the Missed and Answered calls are actually voice messages.  I have been chatting with customer support for the last three days.  I have tried sign ou/sign in,  rebooting, different browsers.  I  have been told to wait 24 hours for "changes" to take effect.  Nothing has worked. Customer support says all is OK on their side, so it must be my problem.  Yet I get the "Xfinity Connect is great" sales pitch when I chat with support.  very frustrating.

New Poster

Make that a party of 3. I have the exact same problem. And voicemail used to work fine for me...

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. For the last few days I've received the e-mails, but if I go to voicemail there aren't any messages. I also am not getting a stuttered dialtone or a message waiting signal on my phone. Today I left a message from my cell phone and I got the e-mail, the voice mail is in my online box, but still no stuttered dial tone or message waiting light. I'll let you know how the online chat worked.

Service Expert

jdh60134 wrote:

I have a similar problem  I get notified of voice messages via email,  But when I go to the xfinity site, there are no voice mail messages. Just Missed, Answered and Placed calls -- even though some of the Missed and Answered calls are actually voice messages.  I have been chatting with customer support for the last three days.  I have tried sign ou/sign in,  rebooting, different browsers.  I  have been told to wait 24 hours for "changes" to take effect.  Nothing has worked. Customer support says all is OK on their side, so it must be my problem.  Yet I get the "Xfinity Connect is great" sales pitch when I chat with support.  very frustrating.

It can take from 24 to 72 hours for that feature to populate once set-up again...

Give it a few more days.

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

We have the same problem. Hours spent with various levels of tech support both by phone and chat. Many reboots, including a hard reset of the modem. Absolutely no change after a week. I believe it must be some sort of system problem, rather than with individual accounts for so many to have the same issue. I have be told that "engineering is working on this problem". Is this true?

New Poster

Having same problem. On 10/27/2014, called in to Customer Service, was provided a ticket for technical review of problem.
When I open my Home page, on the left side where Voice Mail is highlighted, there appears an every growning number of Vocie Mails.  When that block is clicked, the Voice Mail windows opens reflecting my 2 connected phone numbers, the first being my
domestic number, the drop-down selection brings up my dedicated computer connection number.   When I click on the dedicated connection and the Messages Received block, the systems loads up a list of many, many, many (Approx 290) telephone numbers.  I can not find a means to delete these numbers.   When I click on the Messages Answered block, the system likewise
loads up a like quantity of telephone numbers. The actual numbers reflected fluctuates, moment to moment.  Again, there
appears to be no means to delete any of these numbers from the Voice Mail function.   I have attempted to work with the
Vocie Mail tech, but they never call back, nor do I see any corrective action on my computer.  It seems that many of you
have the same problem, without resolution.  Bad service!!  

Regular Visitor

The issue was resolved by:

1. Comcast turned off my modem
  2. While the modem was off I had to unplug all the phones/extensions in the house, take out the battery, wait 20 seconds, then put back together and turn them on
  3. Comcast was supposed to give me time to do this, but someone else was watching the modem and it cycled online/offline a few times while I was doing this
  4. After the modem stopped cycling online/offline, and I was done resetting the phones, the problem was still there
  5. My husband then reset the modem and everything worked.

So, I'm not sure what of these steps set everything to rights, but I know it wasn't the at-home reset of the modem alone, because we had already tried that.

ihth

New Poster

Finally got it fixed. It took "National " tech to solve my problem. I was told that there was a code missing on the. Comcast 's server. Keep asking to upgrade to the next level.