Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Frequent Visitor

Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

When I click on the voicemail message to Play, I get an error message: Windows Media Player cannot find the file...

How do I fix this problem so that Media Player will auto-play the voice messages?

thanks!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Can you tell us what browser you're using, operating system, and if you have any additional browser add-ons installed?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Using Windows XP Home edition operating system, and IE vsn 8.
Frequent Visitor

whoops...no additional browser add-ons, by the way.
Frequent Visitor

What is the solution to this "media player" problem.  I have the same problem ever since I downloaded the Norton security software.  Is it safe to disable the three browser (IE8) add-ons that Symantic added: Norton Toolbar, Symantic Intrusion Prevention and Symantic NCO BHO?  Ever since I downloaded Comcast's Norton Security s/w I've had trouble with Windows automatic update, etc.  Please help.  Thanks.
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have used both Firefox and IE7/8 to check my voicemail through Smartzone.  Both browsers say "Windows Media Player cannot find file".  I have the Quicktime and Windows Media Player plugins in both browsers. 

Frequent Visitor

I've disabled the Norton brower add-ons I mentioned in my message and - voilà - the Windows media player works.  I can now listen to my voicemail messages. To disable add-ons in IE8, click on Tools-Manage add-ons. When I have time, I'll enable each of the three add-ons to see which of the three actually is the culprit.  I suspect it's the Norton toolbar!  Good luck.