Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Echo and Time and Date Stamp

New Poster

Echo and Time and Date Stamp

I am new to Comcast Digital Phone service.  I have noticed a slight echo in the back ground when I speak with someone.  They do not here it.  Has anyone experienced this?

I also noticed that when you have voice messages, there is no date and time stamp associated with them.  Is there a way to get this feature?  On my phone I do have the caller id with the date and time stamp, but I am looking for this feature on my voice messages.

Email Expert

Re: Echo and Time and Date Stamp

I've moved the thread from the DVC forum, since the questions are about Digital Voice, not the Digital Voice Center.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Echo and Time and Date Stamp

Hi Operator,

I took a quick look at your modem and everything appears to be pretty good from here. There are a number of things that could potentially be causing an echo in the line ranging from the telephones you or your other party are using, to a problem somewhere along the line connecting you to the other party.

If the problem is happening pretty consistently no matter whom you call, I would take a look at the telephones you are using first. If you have more than one, try swapping them out and seeing if that resolves the problem. I usually suggest that you try using a regular old-fashioned corded telephone (rather than a cordless phone) plugged directly into the back of your modem.

If that doesn't fix it, you can contact us and make an appointment for a technician to check things out at your home.

With respect to your voicemail, you can hear message envelope (date and time information) by pressing "5", either while listening to the message or after it completes. If you would like to always hear the date and time information whenever you listen to your messages, there is an administrative option you can configure, either from the Digital Voice Center or through your telephone. There is a guide to setting up and managing your voicemail here.

I hope this helps!

Geoff.