Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dropped calls

Frequent Visitor

Dropped calls

I'm having difficulties with my phone service - when I'm on a call either incoming or outgoing, the call will often drop.  My modem then seems to go through a diagnostic sequence of some sort (lasts maybe 15-30 seconds).  I need to wait for it to complete before I again get a dial-tone.  The amount of time before the calls drop varies, but isn't all that high (lasting maybe 5 minutes is usually about the upper bound - more often the connection only lasts about a minute or two). 

I know the issue is not my own hardware - I've tried changing phones and cords.  I've tried both with my computer on (and therefore some potential for data flow due to the internet connection) and off.

Is there something else that can be checked on my side?

Cable Expert

Re: Dropped calls

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get the right local people involved to get it fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Cable Expert

Can you post your signal levels please? (Go here:http://192.168.100.1) What make and model is your modem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your replies

I'm at work at the moment - I'll post the signal strength and make/model once I get home.

Frequent Visitor

The make and model of the modem appears to be an RCA DHG536

And here is what the website returned:

RF Parameters Downstream Frequency 705 MHz Power 7 dBmV Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB Modulation QAM256 Upstream Frequency 36.500 MHz Power 45 dBmV Upstream Data Rate 5120 Ksym/sec ModulationQAM64

Status System uptime 0 days 23h:37m:12s Computers detected 1 CM Status Operational WAN Isolation OFF Time and DateMon Jun 20 17:24:14 2011

Interface Parameters Interface Name : LANCABLEMTA Provisioned Enabled State Up Speed 100 Mbps MAC address00-10-95-ff-ff-fe

Problem Solver

-

We can certainly get a tech out to your location. I was able to check the inside levels and they are fine on this end. Please let me know when I can set this up for you.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

Well I work fairly normal hours usually, so it would need to either be evening or weekends.  This weekend Saturday at any time or Sunday morning or afternoon would be ok.  The weekend after that (July 2/3) would not be a good weekend for me (family obligations), so if this weekend is bad, it would have to be either try for an evening or three weekends from now (July 9/10).  For weekday evenings (after 5-5:30pm or so), Mondays are generally best for me, but if there is a free day other than that, give me the day and I'll check if I can be around

New Poster

I have had the same type of ongoing problem with calls being disconnected. Also sometimes people can't hear me talking so they are going ...hello...hello....and I am going can you hear me!   I never make important calls anymore on the comcast line for fear of being disconnected.

Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem...they are sending out a tech...but I am sure they will say nothing is wrong and now I am seriously considering AT&T.  We just keep having problems with Comcast and as much as I love the service, I don't think I can put up with all the problems.  At least I know it is not just us having this problem.

Frequent Visitor

I've yet to receive any communications with regards to setting up an appointment for a tech to come by. Should I expect information here, by email, or by phone?

Gold Problem Solver

sham5325 wrote:

I've yet to receive any communications with regards to setting up an appointment for a tech to come by. Should I expect information here, by email, or by phone?

You should be able to call 1-800 comcast to set up a Tech visit. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.