Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dropped calls and other issues with my landline

Frequent Visitor

Dropped calls and other issues with my landline

I have had several problems with dropped calls on my landline.  I have Comcast bundle.  I work from home.  My display will show "resettig" and other messages.  The other day the call dropped and went into a fax sound - I don't have a fax machine.  Comcast said it's the phone but I never had these issues with AT&T.  It has dropped 4x on me now all while talking to my bosses.  I hear a lot of echoing at times also.  Technician coming out today but I'm sure they won't find a problem.  Does anyone think it could be a power surge of sorts - not sure what they s/b looking for but tired of losing calls while I'm trying to work esp when talking to management and/or on conference calls.

Cable Expert

Re: Dropped calls and other issues with my landlin

You alwasy need to start your troubleshooting by pluging in a known good wired phone directly the the eMTA telephony modem L1/L2 jack.  Resetting the eMTA is the next step. 

If you still have issues, then signal issues or equipment issues on their side would be the reason, and most likey a tech would need to come out.

If the issue goes away then it would be inside wiring or telephone equipment issues that would need troubleshooting.

Since you have a tech coming out, then hopefully he will pinpoint the issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon