Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dropped Calls

New Poster

Dropped Calls

I work from home and am experiencing droppd calls.  I was informed by my supervisor that because I am with Comcast and my phone comes through a modem this is why.  She stated that I needed to contact Comcast and that this could be changed as far as how my phone service comes into my home.  Is this true -- I have called Comcast 3 times tonight, rec'd 2 difference answers and been disconnected before being able to get a resolution. 

Cable Expert

Re: Dropped Calls

Your calls should not be dropping with Comcast CDV.

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

In the mean time make sure you can test it with a known good wired phone connected directly to the eMTA telehony modem. 

Cordless phones can interfere with subscribers wireless wi-fi for their computer equipment and cause dropped calls.  Changing the channel on the router will fix this most of the time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Dropped Calls

I am also having trouble with dropped calls.  This has happened several times last year and now happened on 1/3/2012 around 11:57 am and today, 1/9/2012 at 10:47 am.  It seems to be happening more between the hours of 10:00 am and 12:00 pm U.S. EST.  I am using a hard-wired phone that is plugged into the house phone outlet.  I do have other cordless phones plugged in elsewhere in my home.  Sometime when I lose the call I hear a fast busy tone and other times it appears like I'm still on the call according to the phone's display but others can't hear me talking but I can hear them talking.

At the same time my phone has issues I've sometimes also lost connections to certain tools on my work's intranet site.