Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Does new TC8305C replace both Arris and RCA modem?

New Poster

Does new TC8305C replace both Arris and RCA modem?

I currently have an Arris device that was installed in my basement which has a cable connection and a telephone connection that is connected directly to the phone companies external/outside box. In my office on our main floor I have an RCA modem that is connected to my current netgear wireless access point. 

Does the new TC8305C device replace both the Arris device in my basement and the RCA modem in my office? Do I connect the TC8305C telephone connection to a telephone wall jack in my home in order for my telephones to work?

Cable Expert

Re: Does new TC8305C replace both Arris and RCA mo

The TC8305C is a "gateway" device; it supports telephone/internet and has wireless capabilities. You can just get a straight modem and replace your RCA if you like tho. Then it's just a matter of swapping your modem. 

If you want to replace your three devices with the TC8305C then that's okay too. Just install it where your RCA modem is currently located. Plugging in the phone line from the TC8305C to the phone wall jack will energize the entire phone system in your house, provided that phone jack currently works with your Comcast voice service. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you that is what I assumed. 

Cable Expert
Moved: