Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Does X1 support caller ID on the TV for both phone lines or not?

Regular Visitor

Does X1 support caller ID on the TV for both phone lines or not?

I have gotten completely opposite answers from Comcast support to this question. I wasted 4 days with tech support trying to get this working (with, of course, a different person each time) then got someone who spent a couple hours, called me back a couple of times, and she also looked here in the forums, and came back with the verdict that only the primary line will show up on the TV.

Then, the next day for a followup call the tech assured me that is absolutely possible and he would get it set up. He never called back.

Today, level 3 support said only the primary line will show up. So tie score: 2 say it won't work and 2 say of course it will.

However, whatever they have setup right now has my Phone #2 line showing up on the TV, and not Phone #1 (confirmed the lines/numbers by physically unplugging LIne 1 and LIne 2 from the back of the gateway). Elsewhere this week, as the various people tried things, I had several days where Phone #1 showed up on TV, and Phone #2 also showed up on TV but as "Anonymous". So the evidence supports that both lines seem physically possible to work.

Is there a definitive answer to this? I am disappointed that both lines are not the same and also that Comcast support appears to be just as confused as I am.

Equipment: Arris TG1682 Gateway, Pace PX0001ANM DVR, Triple Play w/Blast service

Service Expert

Re: Does X1 support caller ID on the TV for both phone lines or not?

mseibel,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Does X1 support caller ID on the TV for both phone lines or not?

This usually will only work for the primary line, although if it is provisioned on the back end for the secondary it will cause the issue you are describing. Because the system is only able to support it for one, it will start going back and forward between the two. This is an error that can be fixed. Send me a private message with the number that should be the primary. I will check this on our end and correct it for you. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon