Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Does Comcast Make My Phone Number Public?

Regular Contributor

Does Comcast Make My Phone Number Public?

Is it in a phone book(s) someplace?  On the Internet?  411?    Thnx

Regular Visitor

Re: Does Comcast Make My Phone Number Public?

I believe Yellow Pages are still being published, but I am not sure about White Pages. You should call Comcast and ask them; there could be a charge for the White Pages.

Problem Solver

By default, Comcast service comes with published listing.  You have to request for it to be unplublished.  There is a setup fee and a monthly fee for non published service.

Regular Contributor

Price, or pub vs non-pub, is not the issue here, but: "if published/publicly available, where?"

Regular Visitor

Yes! But for someone to get it off the internet, they will have to pay for it. If you don't want it published then you have to pay extra for it. Contact Comcast for the details.

Regular Contributor

Ron...I really don't care if it's available or not, I just want to know "Where"?  I'm hoping a Comcast person answers, they should....I'm surprized it's not a FAQ.

Problem Solver

Published means that your name and number would be made available for printed as well as internet directories

Non-publish means that it wont and should not be available on any directory.

Phone directories no longer belong to the phone companies but are published by third parties.  There are also all kinds of internet directories available.  They are also available for directory assistance.