Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Do we pay for Land Line Calls

New Poster

Do we pay for Land Line Calls

We have been switched to VOIP for some time now.  While reviewing data usage, there is a question about how much time you spend on the phone over 20 min.  When we originally started the use of the landline was free.  Now that it was switched to VOIP, are we paying for ALL calls, even local ones (at least are the calls adding to our data which eventually is charged)?  If so, isn't this double billing?

Service Expert

Re: Do we pay for Land Line Calls

vshipley wrote:

We have been switched to VOIP for some time now.  While reviewing data usage, there is a question about how much time you spend on the phone over 20 min.  When we originally started the use of the landline was free.  Now that it was switched to VOIP, are we paying for ALL calls, even local ones (at least are the calls adding to our data which eventually is charged)?  If so, isn't this double billing?

Try taking a look at this:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/phone-quick-reference-guide/ 

YOu also may want to take a look at the Voice Package you suibscribe to for you ansers...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon