Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Disconnected or no longer in service.

New Poster

Disconnected or no longer in service.

When I call my phone, I get the message "disconnected or no longer in service".  However, I can call out no problem.  Comcast customer service has been useless ... they keep saying "it will be fixed in 24 hours" but it has been 3 days now.  Has anyone ever used Vonage?
Regular Contributor

Re: Disconnected or no longer in service.

Dear Boneheaded,

I can see that you’re still having a problem with receiving incoming calls, so I’ve escalated the issue with another repair ticket. I’m sorry the first ticket did not correct the problem for you, so I’m going to try and expedite this one as quickly as possible. Please feel free to email me if you wish.

Richard
New Poster

Hey the same thing happened to me. Tech did not test. Day One: no incoming calls. Call customer service, get a subcontractor. Real disappointing, we're getting to the last straw with Comcast service protocols. Sent email to Admin Richard.... It is now 20:07 2008-07-25.

Added 2008-07-26 21:15.

Hey, gets better. Made eight different calls today. The result of customer service attempts to help me: loss of internet service, other than forced re-directs to the account set up URL, no email, no TV.... and yes, you guessed it - phone service dead for outgoing now, too.

They won't commit to technican coming back here to double check hardware. On eighth call was told they'd expedite to supervisor, probably need to populate my number in a switch. I was real pleased they didn't "expedite" before, especially since I was told it had been. 

Worst part is, if I had checked this forum beforehand, I would have said No, give me a new phone number. That way, once they **bleep** up, I could just plug back into the old twisted pair jack and would have a phone that... actually... works.

Message Edited by standard_orbit on 07-26-2008 06:15 PM
New Poster

I fell sorry for you , i which i took the time before i switch to comcast phone service,  all the chat rooms adivised you to not use comcats.
 Is been now 5 days with no phone or internet at home. And of course they can only make it during working hours. No I need to wait another 10 day to go back to ATT and we have a chance of loosing our number.  Thank god i hold on my business
New Poster

I have been without telephone since last Wednesday!  I called in (had to drive to somewhere with a phone!) and the tech said he would escalate to a repair ticket and would fix in 24 hours . . . that was last Thursday.  In between I've used the live chat internet feature three times.  Each time they say they have to take my system down to run checks but stay on line and they will come back.  Not one has come back.  I waited 2 hours the first time. . . That leaves me with no phone or internet!  Which means I can't contact them, so its a completed call to them!  I actually got a customer service survey on last Thursday's call - needless to say I was not complimentary of my "service".

I do know how to re-set my internet (its gone down so often the tech showed me how to do myself), but I don't know what to do to get Comcast's attention.  What do I do now?

Thanks for any help.

Frequent Visitor

The same thing happened to me, I added cable and they deleted my home phone business number.  4 days Ive been out of business now.