Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

New Poster

Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

I just would like to warn all Comcast users, both current and those who are thinking of joining, especially those who have relatives abroad. My last bill was a terrible disappointment. It turned out that the Comcast representative who assisted me when I signed up for their services, LIED to me, either intentionally or just because of total ignorance.

This person assured me that with 300 Careless minutes I am free to call ANY number in my country, including cell phones. However, when I received my bill,  I found an extra $30 charge in it, studied the bill and found out the unpleasant truth.  The calls to mobile phones ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THESE minutes - landlines ONLY!

Now I will have to start looking out to change my long distance provider. And my trust to Comcast employees has suffered a terrible blow.

Contributor

Re: Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

You may want to write to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and include your full name, service address, phone number, account number and full details of the problems.  A case manager from the executive office should contact you within three business days.

Silver Problem Solver

It does state here land lines only.  The rep was misinformed.

http://wwwb.comcast.com/home-phone-service.html

Valued Contributor

Is that landline only thing for over seas calls only???  I did read the page. but?

Contributor

tvaholic7 wrote:

Is that landline only thing for over seas calls only???  I did read the page. but?

The OP was talking about calls to another country.

Gold Problem Solver

There is one other "gotcha" with Voice Unlimited: it isn't unlimited. See http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Phone-being-disconnected-for-exceeding-5000-long-minut...

Valued Contributor

izmeeh wrote:

tvaholic7 wrote:

The OP was talking about calls to another country.

Thank you Smiley Happy