Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Disabling Comcast Voicemail

New Poster

Disabling Comcast Voicemail

I just installed a new phone system with an answering machine, which I find easier to check on the instrument rather than calling my Comcast messages up..  I want to turn off my Comcast voicemail-how do I go about this??  I have skimmed the various forums and didn't see this topic.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Dave in Seattle

Regular Visitor

Re: Disabling Comcast Voicemail

I also want to disable my Comcast Voicemail.  Thank You

Contributor

Re: Disabling Xfinity Voicemail

Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to disable VM is to call Xfinity and have the feature removed. I find this unsatisfactory because you lose your customer greetings and pass words and would have to start from square one to reinitiate the service.

I know with Century Link, I had the option to turn it on or off  very easily.  Not so with Xfinity Smiley Sad

New Poster

Thanks for getting back to me-I appreciate that.  And, I agree-it would be a lot easier if they had a simple "On/Off" button or function.  I just always forget to check my Comcast voicemail since there's no little flashing button as on the standard answering machines.  I now have one again and don't need the Comcast version.  I'll give them a call-thanks again!!

Best,

Dave in Seattle

Contributor

My phones have the message waiting indicators on them and worked fine up until yesterday. I have two lines with Xfinity, one line works fine, the other line will not reset the indicator, nor will the stutter tone reset.  Never had this problem with CenturyLink.

New Poster

Why did you change from Century Link???

Contributor

CenturyLink could not provide me with two lines, only one after moving into my new home. They also could not provide DSL so I decided to bail out from them. I hope I made the right decision. I've only been with Xfinity for little over a month and already having issues with the voice mail message waiting indicator on one line. Time will tell.