New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Digital phone problems!

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Digital phone problems!

We have been having problems with our phone since the day we switched to digital phone.

We get calls, we can hear the other party on the phone, but they cannot hear us.  This used to happen once or twice a week. Although we had the Comcast tech here a few times, didn't really find anything, so we learned to live with the problem.

Now we cannot get through a single call with having a dropped connection (we can hear the other party, but they cannot hear us) this goes on for 10 seconds or so, then call resumes.

At first we thought we had bad phones. Bought new phones, same problem.

I've done the Comcast chat (reboot modem), seem to work for the day then back to the problem.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, tired of getting the run around.

Anyone else having these problems?

We are just about ready to cancel the phone service, the only way to get a good call out is to use our cell phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: Digital phone problems!

Both issues have been escalated and someone will be reaching out.

-

I see you have Trouble call setup for today. Please let know if they are able to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

View answer in context
New Poster

Hi!  I'm having the same exact problem.  It started a couple of days ago, seemed to clear up with a modem reset and then today it went kaput!  Nobody who calls me can hear me, nobody I call can hear me.  I've reset the modem (which caused a bunch of problems all its own) and now I'm back to having internet connection but no ability to make or receive calls because nobody can hear me.  Considering I've only had this for about 2 weeks (and had a horrible install and numberous tech support visits later) I'm STILL having problems?  I'm definitely thinking, "Why was this better than AT&T again?  What 'exceptional' Comcast call quality?"  I am to the point of wanting to just chuck it, get a cell phone and go back to DSL.  This certainly isn't worth the

expense, the installation costs, or the frustration.

Editing at 12:18 - Now I can make and receive calls and be heard... but the call is "choppy" for the caller, who can't hear me all the time and says they're losing words here and there and that it sounds like I'm "talking and trying to drink water at the same time."

Frequent Visitor

We are having the same problem. It just started on 6/19.  The tech just came out and switched out the modem.  I was talking to my dad and the problem seemed to be cleared up and then the phone went out completely.  They now have an outage in the area.  It has now been out for about and hour. If they don't fix the problem I will be looking elsewhere for phone service.

Cable Expert

Everyone's issues is usually specific to them, and anyone having issues should be starting their own new post to specifically deal with their own issue.  "Me Too" on this forum makes it more complicated to deal with each subscriber and hard to post to each person.

For now, all 3 posters have been flagged to the Comcast Cares Team to get the right people to fix their CDV issues. 

The team will follow up and get back to each of you.

Anyone else having issues, please start a new post by using the "new message" button at the top of the page.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Both issues have been escalated and someone will be reaching out.

-

I see you have Trouble call setup for today. Please let know if they are able to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Larry,

I had 3 service techs out yesterday (6/21) and the 3rd one solved the problem.

Chris