Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Digital Voice and high speed internet together

New Poster

Digital Voice and high speed internet together

Is there a way to receive a call and be online at the same time? I pick up the phone and my internet connection drops. Help!!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Digital Voice and high speed internet together

Check to see that the Comcast tech physically disconnected the previous service from the outside.  By this, your previous telephone service connects to your house from the street.  You need to be completely disconnected so that the Comcast signal does not interfere.

Please post back if this works.  I have only heard that this is a possibility that could cause your problems.  I do have CDV at home and have not experienced any outage such as yours.  Of course I know that I am disconnected too from the main junction box outside.
But don't take my word for it, ask a Comcast Forum Expert, or goto http://www.dslreports.com/
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Signature courtesy of Bladerunner
Most Valued Poster

Most Valued Poster

Naddie1 wrote:
Take a look here.

Naddie, whats in the link that you provided even addresses the OP problem?  I clicked on your link and just goes to another Comcast sub fora thread for Digital Phone.  Looking at the FAQs from your link, there is nothing that speaks of the OPs problem.
But don't take my word for it, ask a Comcast Forum Expert, or goto http://www.dslreports.com/
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Signature courtesy of Bladerunner
Security Expert

N3tb0y wrote:

Naddie1 wrote:
Take a look here.

Naddie, whats in the link that you provided even addresses the OP problem?  I clicked on your link and just goes to another Comcast sub fora thread for Digital Phone.  Looking at the FAQs from your link, there is nothing that speaks of the OPs problem.

True, but since the problem is a digital voice problem and this is a Comcast Digital Voice forum.. It might be the logical place to ask...
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Security Expert

In fact I think that since this is a digital voice question.. I'll move this thread over there...
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon