Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dial tone comes and goes

New Poster

Dial tone comes and goes

Since I added voice/internet last October, 2011; I will sometimes pick up the phone and there is no dial tone.  People will call me and get screeching noise.  The phone will ring and I pick it up to answer and no dial tone.  Yet, people leave me messages and I cannot check them with dead phone.  This happens several times a day for months now.  I am connected correctly.  A tech came out here beginning of February and replaced wires.  Still happens daily.  What now?  I will also call friends and they either can't hear me and keep saying "hello?" or they say I sound like I am underwater.  The friends also tell me that I am breaking up.  I need this fixed!

New Poster

Re: Dial tone comes and goes

Same thing has been happending to me since the install.

I have two call backs nothing has changed.

It is very frustrating and I am thinking of dropping my phone line all together but with the triple play it will cost me more for just TV and internet than for all three.

This is not what I expect from Infinity, but it is the norm.

New Poster

Re: Dial tone comes and goes

I know what you mean.  I cannot talk to anyone in chat either online.  The connection comes and goes every few seconds and finally I am gone from room and can't get back in.  My email programs like hotmail, yahoo; connection comes and goes also.  I am on SS Disability and can't afford them seperately.  I have no other phone!  Yet, Comcast email works swell hahaha.  I have emailed; called; and sent letters by mail.  This is horrid!