Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleting Voice mail from voice mail page

Contributor

Deleting Voice mail from voice mail page

How can I delete the voice mail entries on my voice mail page?  I can find no "Delete" button.

Valued Contributor

Re: Deleting Voice mail from voice mail page

The way to delete a voice mail message from the voice mail web page is actually a two step process.  First while logged into your account and on the voice mail page, for the voice mail you want to get rid of, on the far right of the block that represents the voice mail message is a circle with some horizontal lines through it and the word Options under it.  Clicking on that circle opens up a menu of options, one of which is Send To Trash.  This is the option you take and the message will be removed from the voice mail page and put into your voice mail trash.  To finish getting rid of the message, either now or at some later point in time, from the Voice Mail page click on the Trash option on the left side of the screen.  This will take you to the voice mail messages you have removed from your voice mail page.  At the top of the page is an Actions menu option that when clicked on gives you the option to Empty Trash which will finish removing the message completely.  These instructions were written based upon the new account format.  If you haven't been upgraded to the new format then hopefully they will get you close enough to the options on the old format that you can achive the task.

Hope this helps you out.

Valued Contributor

Hi, I only have three choices: add contact; forward call; block caller.  I do not have a choice for Send to Trash.  So, I have been unable to delete old calls.

Valued Contributor

I found an answer to my comment.  Voicemails can be deleted but not the call history.  It disappears after 90 days.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Valued Contributor

fisk72 wrote:

I found an answer to my comment.  Voicemails can be deleted but not the call history.  It disappears after 90 days.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Glad you were able to find the answer.  Yes things can get a bit confusing sometimes so no worries. 

Contributor

Unfortunately, the instructions you provided do not match my voice mail page;  no circle with horizontal lines, no menu of the options you suggested.

Thanks anyway

Official Employee

Hi cabizzi, are you still not able to find the "Delete" button on the voicemail page?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I am having a problem moving voice mail to trash.  Either it isn't working or it takes forever.  I tried to sign on to chat and that never started either just waiting for a chat person.

I have tried several things.  in Xfinity Connect Voice, for some reason it shows me my last message was 2/20.  I doubt this is my last voice message.  Anyway, I listened to it by clicking the play button.  I have tried multiple times to delete it, with and without checking the red circle, checking the square box and action above the box send to trash, selecting the circle on the right and send to trash.

I noticed on the tv there was scrolling of messages when I started doing this.  I do not know why that happened.

I normally see a call when there is one ring but I rarely answer the phone any more because of telemarketers.  I am tired of the calls waiting light on my phones and think I need to delete some of these messages.

Frequent Visitor

It is now working.  The circle on the right must turn blue when you position the cursor on the circle before you select any option.  If it isn't blue, then it isn't going to work.  The only things I can think of that I did is I opened another browser (Chrome which I had a lot of problems hanging recently) checked to see that it didn't work there either, completed a survey box giving the website a low score with an explanation why, then cleared out the browsing data in chrome checking only the box "cashed images and files".   I have checked both edge and chrome, and now when I place my cursor on the right circle it turns blue.

There is another problem for me that isn't important.  Some of the transcripts are unavailable or do not match the message at all.  They are from a completely different call.  I plan to listen to all of them some night and delete them.