members

online now

discussions

Delete numbers in the 25 Number BLOCK LIST

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 18

I've tried numberous times to delete numbers in the block list.  I want to delete older #'s and add new callers to the block list.

Everytime I delete a number the message on the top will say saved, but there still remains 25 numbers, unable for me to add any new numbers to the full list.

Will I need to call in and have a rep delete them for me?  The delete feature should work.  Another glitch to add to the long list of glitches.

17 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 2 of 18
Solution

I am no longer able to add or delete numbers on the call screening list. In the past, I was able to delete old numbers and add new ones. Can something be done to make this service work? Regardless of how I try to do it, I cannot revise the list

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 18

I tried to delete one number in the blocking area. Nothing happened when I tried to delete it. No matter how many times I tried. I tried changing browsers. Still nothing. Called Comcast. The agent worked very hard to fix it, even after I gave her my username and password. She told me that she seemed to have cleared it on her end, but after I hung up and restarted my computer, the number was still there, and the person who tried to reach me still gets the message that I'm not taking calls from that caller. Don't know what to do. Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem but Comcast needs to fix this.

TAandGGinNJ wrote:

I've tried numberous times to delete numbers in the block list.  I want to delete older #'s and add new callers to the block list.

Everytime I delete a number the message on the top will say saved, but there still remains 25 numbers, unable for me to add any new numbers to the full list.

Will I need to call in and have a rep delete them for me?  The delete feature should work.  Another glitch to add to the long list of glitches.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 18

To UsualSuspect:  Oh that is terrible...a number that is actually a good number, not to be able to clear it out of the block list is deplorable.  How utterly frustrating.  You'd think that with today's technology they could fix this! 

To COMCAST:  You have got to FIX this problem.  Especially when a number ends up in the block list that should not be there....and now cannot be removed!!???!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 18

Who called this a solution?  It's just a reiteration of the same problem, which is also the problem I am having.  

Is there a solution?

Mike

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 18
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 18

Use the handset on your phone and dial *60. It will take you to a screen that will allow you to select the numbers you want to remove from your block list. 

Rich

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 18

Use the handset on your phone and dial *60. It will take you to a screen that will allow you to select the numbers you want to remove from your block list.

Rich

Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 18

OK -- I tried *60.  It let me add a number, but the number did not show up on the on-screen list.  Also, when I tried to delete numbers, it said the numbers were not on my list, but they sre still showing up on th on-screen list. ???

Given that, *60 isn't a lot of help.  Now I don't know what's on the list and what isn't.

Mike

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 18

I suggest that you avoid calling Comcast. They tried but didn't help. Use the chat tool to connect to them and explain the problem. That's how I found out about *60. It allowed me to remove a number that somehow had been on my blocked list . There was only one and all I had to do was select it and delete it. Good luck.

Rich

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 11 of 18

UsualSuspect wrote: ... That's how I found out about *60. ...

You could also have found out about it at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/phone-quick-reference-guide/

Why put yourself through the horrors of Comcast "Customer Service", whether phone or chat, if the info you need is right there in your web browser?

The "Voice Welcome Kit" mentioned on http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/ would have that information as well.

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 18

Bruce, You're probably right but when I clicked on the two links you mentioned in your post, nothing happened. Must be gnomes and gremlins out to get me! LOL

Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 18

Go to http://my.xfinity.com/ >>> sign-in @ upper right corner of page >> after signed in on left middle of page under your name click text and voicemail >> click the "preferences tab" and click "voice" and you should be in "Voice Preferences" >> of the 5 options click Call Blocking EDIT >> from there you can remove your unwanted blocked numbers.... Thats a step by step ..print this so you don't have to have 2 tabs open at the same time...easy.. AND don't worry if you see unavailable ..Seems Xfinity does alot of "Maintenance" LOL ..just log-out and try again in a bit g/l jim

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 18

how do i delete all voice mail numbers.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 15 of 18

Even better than having to delete old previously-blocked numnbers because you have reached the limit of 25, how about allowing more than 25 to be blocked!!!  Comcast, seriously, that is the solution to this garbage.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 16 of 18

Okay so I saw where it said that this waas solved!   i double clicked on go to solution and it  brought me right back to this post!   Good old comcast!   Or should I say bad old comcast!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 17 of 18

Ran into this problem, could not delete via the web app.  I would get a "saved" message but the number would remain.

The #60 from the home phone method worked.

Thanks,

George

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 18 of 18

1+ Year Old Thread being closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon