Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deactivation of call waiting feature permanently

Frequent Visitor

Deactivation of call waiting feature permanently

About 25 days ago we added telephone service  with Comcast.

I called customer service to have all telephone options turned off, call waiting, call forwarding and voice mail.  After about 30 minutes the rep advised she had turned off permanently all features.

Fast forward to today only to find out the call waiting feature had not been permanently turned off/removed.

So we call Comcast and tell the rep what we need done, and of course we still have call waiting on our system after speaking with them. 

SOOOOOO we call again and again and still after speaking with 4 other  reps and the last one, a Camiell , that said she was a tier 2 tech, the call waiting feature is still active.

We have been lied to numerious times, with basic support saying they are level 2 tier support (Kent), when they are not.  And not we are not sure if Camiell is even a level 2 tier .

We have had comcast since they first started business in Tucson (Pima County).  And this service has to be the worst I have ever seen.

Other co-workers that work from home said they  had to speak with a tier 2 rep to turn it off permanently, and that they also had the same problem as we do.

Comcast has been prasing their new call center in Tucson, yet the reps are of no help.

COMCAST WE NEE OUR CALL WAITING PERMANENTLY TURNED OFF

Mark & Marion

Frequent Visitor

Re: Deactivation of call waiting feature permanent

Frequent Visitor

Well two days later and it is still not fixed, call waiting is still on.

Wife sent an e-mail to some Comcast executive yesterday morning, she also called a comcast phone number someone posted on a different thread, but still no help.

Service Expert

profdata,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

profdata -- I'm having a higher level technical team look at this. We have that feature coding removed from your account so I'll have that team look at our back end coding for this. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon