Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DPC3941T phones

New Poster

DPC3941T phones

I just got the Xfinity X1 with the DPC3941T modem. In the config it says that you can "Connect/disconnect a certified CAT-iq 2.0 cordless handset (up to five) to the Gateway." Does anyone know what phones are compatible with this setup? It shows that DECT is enabled on my modem, so would assume that Comcast has not castrated this functionality (yet).

2015-07-03_15-02-53.jpg
Official Employee

Re: DPC3941T phones

This feature is not available on DPC3941T and soon will be removed from the GUI as well.

Comcast is not planning on supporting DECT on wireless gateways.

-Chirag

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

LMFAO !

BAD MOVE !!!! I just got the new Software Image Name:dpc3941-P20-18-v303r2042172-150804a-CMCST.p7b - and you guys removed it - I had no clue about it and purchased 4 Cisco Phones that worked GREAT WITH IT ! 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! I really hate you guys now  (kidding) :-) :-) :-) Seriously .. that stinks but I understand most people don't even have a clue what that is - But I'm one of those 1% that used it and since 5:30 PM i'm without phones .. .does anyone need a CISCO HANDSET :-) HA HA HA HA 

What else is getting removed in the future :-) please let me know Chiraq .. :-) :-) 

I send you and email ... maybe you can check on my internet speed - it droped 30% after the new firmware. 

THANKS A LOT !!! :-) :-) 

Official Employee

Sorry about that but yes in new firmware release, DECT (CAT-iq 2.0) base support is removed.

-Chirag

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

That was a really bad move. The Modem/Router works great but the 3rd party software from Xfinity is really sluggish on it. Now after the update i can't get on the GUI. In order to get on i have to restart it .. go in direclty do what i need to do and get out. After 5 min i can't get in any more. We had this happen before the last update where I had the problems with my 3rd party VOIP service. 

It's such a great Cisco device but don't mess it up LOL :-) 

New Poster

Any way to roll back the firmware? I have been using the Cicso SPA302D phone with no problems until you cut it off. VERY disappointed. Will probably go back to AT&T. At least they didn't castrate the modems (much).

Valued Contributor

Hi avallk :-) 

COOL  - so did I was working perfectly -  

The answer I got "NO!" Sorry no dect support. 

The Cisco Modem can do so much more - but that's to the XFinity software all this is disabled and hidden. 

New Poster

This is really very disapointing. I just spent a bunch of money buying several Panasonic KX-TPA60 handsets which worked perfectly for a month and then you guys went and took away the basestaion. Now the handsets are useless to me. This sucks. Please reconsider thsi dumb move and put back the great functionality that you had working just fine until now.

Valued Contributor

I second that !