Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DO NOT try porting number from Vonage to xfinity!

New Poster

DO NOT try porting number from Vonage to xfinity!

This has turned into a cluster**** of epic proportions. Over a week ago, I activated my new xfinity voice account, and they attempted to port my old number over. Vonage decided to hold onto the number until Feb. 9th, so now I have incoming calls still on Vonage, though a phone attached to xfinity's modem can make outgoing calls. Comcast blames Vonage for not releasing the number yet, Vonage says that if they release the number before the 9th, I will probably lose my phone number. Better yet, while I'm being bounced between departments at Comcast, the agent's voices start breaking up, and I can't hear them! Vonage tries to get me to stay with them by offering to lower my rate all of a sudden. What a freaking nightmare. I have to play it safe and wait until the 9th, hoping that someone doesn't screw up and drop my phone number in the toilet. Let this serve as a warning to everyone thinking about trying this!

New Poster

Re: DO NOT try porting number from Vonage to xfini

i called Xfinity 2 days back to port my vonage number, so far the move has not taken place, but I will post my update here

New Poster

Update: The gal at Vonage told me to tell Comcast to go to "portout.vonage.com" to follow up on the porting process. That web address doesn't seem to exist. It keeps getting better and better.

New Poster

I seem to be going through a similar nightmare with AT&t. I've been waiting for them to properly port my number since December last year.  Currently, I can only make calls but I can't receive any! Word of advice: Don't Port From AT&t To XFINITY EITHER!

New Poster

Wow - sorry to hear that, Aaron. I really hope you get that resolved soon!