Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DIGITAL VOICE-NO ONE CAN HEAR ME AT ALL

Regular Visitor

DIGITAL VOICE-NO ONE CAN HEAR ME AT ALL

My service is been having the trouble that no one that I call can hear me at all. I tried different phones and I get the same response. Restarted the modem several times and I get the same response. The internet and the cable service works perfect.

What is it?
Frequent Visitor

Re: DIGITAL VOICE-NO ONE CAN HEAR ME AT ALL

If you have the Motorola SBV5220 eMTA (modem), you can ask it to give you some information about your connection status and TELEPHONY service.

This is a direct connection method to communicate with the eMTA hardware.  The eMTA gathers information and stores it on board.

From your browser, type in http://192.168.100.1 and press ENTER. 

Login = admin
password = motorola

You are looking for anything that implies that there are errors in the TELEPHONY section.  Be sure to locate and investigate all of the clickable sub-menus to get all of the information available.  This status details could be handy when you contact COMCAST to get further assistance.

If your eMTA is by a different manufacturer, you will have to search around for its access method, either here at this forum or at Google.

Regular Visitor

My phone service died last night and this morning about 10:00 Am start it work again.

This is what I got:

1970-01-01 00:02:477-InformationB401.0Authorized1970-01-01
00:02:143-CriticalD07.0TFTP failed - OUT OF ORDER packets
1970-01-01 00:01:423-CriticalD07.0TFTP failed - OUT OF ORDER packets1970-01-01
 00:01:305-WarningD04.1ToD request sent - No Response received
Frequent Visitor

If you are getting service interruptions or bad connections, you need to call Comcast immediately and get a trouble ticket opened.  Nobody here is going to help you.  Comcast can investigate your service remotely, but it is very possible that you will have to schedule an appointment for them to look at your phone hardware and your cable connections.  Good luck.

Call them at 1-800-266-2278
Regular Contributor

Hi ferrumhunk,

To add to mwileym's good advice, I'd also point out that you can chat with our support people as well, which may be a better option than calling if your high-speed internet service is working properly and you don't have another means of calling readily available.

I did take a quick look at your modem and everything seemed to be looking pretty good from our end. If you would like, I'd be happy to do a little more troubleshooting and make any necessary arrangements. Just send me an email.

Geoff.