Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Countries Included in Voice Unlimited Plan?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 9

Does anyone know where to find a list of all of the countries that are included for free for international calling in the Xfinity Voice Unlimited Plan?  

Recent marketing emails from Xfinity as well as the Web page at http://www.xfinity.com/international-voice do not have updated or complete information regarding this issue.  That Web page states "Now, the XFINITY Voice Unlimited plan lets you call places like Canada, China, India, Mexico, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Puerto Rico and more – at no additional cost."   

"like"..."and more"...are vague and an actual list of the countries doesn't seem to be available.  (The "See international calling rates" link on that page also does not lead to a relevant answer for this question.)

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 9

djh2dc wrote:

Does anyone know where to find a list of all of the countries that are included for free for international calling in the Xfinity Voice Unlimited Plan?  

Recent marketing emails from Xfinity as well as the Web page at http://www.xfinity.com/international-voice do not have updated or complete information regarding this issue.  That Web page states "Now, the XFINITY Voice Unlimited plan lets you call places like Canada, China, India, Mexico, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Puerto Rico and more – at no additional cost."   

"like"..."and more"...are vague and an actual list of the countries doesn't seem to be available.  (The "See international calling rates" link on that page also does not lead to a relevant answer for this question.)

Until those web pages are updated, you should call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and ask for the current listings of countries for your plan.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 9

Thanks, already tried that.  The offshore customer service agent I reached first gave me an incorrect answer; then demonstrated unfamiliarity with the product/marketing announcements that led me to the question in the first place; then gave me the same countries that appear on the Web site with the vague language "call places like"..."and more".  

I have lost interest at this point in spending time pursuing a correct, relevant answer from Comcast and will just use the other solution I've been using for my international VOIP calls (Skype).  I did not have time to wait on hold for a supervisor to handle the question correctly, as I'd already been on the phone for half an hour at that point.  Comcast customer service, as usual. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 9

My grandson is stationed on an aircraft carrier off Japan. His mom sent me his international number. Can I text or call him? Is there any additional charge? And I don't know how to do it. It's a long number and when I tried to call it I got a beep beep beep. I have the unlimited bundle.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 9

Hi luckylee46567,  by following this link http://www.xfinity.com/international-voice?showiro=yes and clicking  the link on the page " See international calling rates" you will be able to see rates calling to all of the available countries.  Lastly here is how to call to Japan:

1. First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
  2. Next dial 81, the country code for Japan.
  3. Then dial the area code (1–5 digits — please see a sample calling code list below)
  4. and finally the phone number (4–7 digits).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 9

Phil,

(Is that short for Phillippines?) Actually that does not answer the question as to "and more". If you go to that link provided it takes you to the call rates. In the Unlimited Voice plan it states that you can call to South Korea for free, when you go to the link you provided it states that it is $.08 per minute. 

Thanks for not understanding the question and then being misleading. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 9

Hi dcwood03, I can answer your questions/concerns on behalf of ComcastPhill. "Phil" is actually his name, and he is a great team member.

The link he shared: https://www.xfinity.com/international-voice?showiro=yes  does show: 

"With the XFINITY Voice Unlimited plan, you can make calls to nearly half the world, at home or on the go with your smartphone or tablet.

Save on your wireless plan when you call Canada, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and Puerto Rico – at no additional cost."

Very recently we added South Korea as an "included" or free to call that country. In fact, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore were all recently added as included.

Thank you for bringing this discrepancy on our website to our attention and I will be happy to pass along this feedback to our web team who posts this information to our website. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 8 of 9

What’s confusing and misleading about that link is the text "With the XFINITY Voice Unlimited plan, you can make calls to nearly half the world…" Yet it lists only a few countries as being included at no extra charge – not anywhere close to half the world. Comcast product team should just list the companies included at no cost without all the marketing hyperbole. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 9

is there an actual link where we can see what countries are covered in unlimited voice