Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Could a cdv outage in my area be causing internet connectivity issues?

Regular Visitor

Could a cdv outage in my area be causing internet connectivity issues?

Comcast internet health page lists a digital voive outage in my area and states that its being worked on.Is it possible that engineers ,working on said outage, could be affecting my connection speed and spotty connectivity in general? The timing of my current problems seems to fit with the cdv outage and maybe 2 months ago there was another problem listed under the category of other that caused generally the same problem. I just want my stuff to work.Thanks 
Most Valued Poster

Re: Could a cdv outage in my area be causing internet connectivity issues?

raiko1 wrote:
Comcast internet health page lists a digital voive outage in my area and states that its being worked on.Is it possible that engineers ,working on said outage, could be affecting my connection speed and spotty connectivity in general? The timing of my current problems seems to fit with the cdv outage and maybe 2 months ago there was another problem listed under the category of other that caused generally the same problem. I just want my stuff to work.Thanks 

Why are you not on the phone about this. I sure would be.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Regular Contributor

Re: Could a cdv outage in my area be causing internet connectivity issues?

Hi raiko1,

Yes, depending on the what is wrong in your area, it is possible that while we are in the process of making repairs, your internet service could be affected. Such repairs are generally completed rapidly, usually within a matter of hours. If you are still having problems with your High-Speed Internet service today, please contact us and let us know.

Geoff.